Help Me Make Some Tonex Captures

• Thread starter slim231990
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Been thinking about grabbing a Tonex One here soon and I just wanna know how easy it would be to make some captures. I think I already have most of the stuff I need honestly, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'm wanting to capture some of my Abominable Electronics pedals on the LED clipping modes for anyone who might be interested. :rocker:

So here's what I have:

- DAW
- Audio Interface (with enough outs)
- A good PC
- SM57
- Pedals
- Good Amp (JCM 800)

From what I understand all I really need now is a reamp box and the software that comes with a Tonex product? Also let me know how your captures turned out. :cheers:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
You need a reamp box (I just opted to sell my Audient and moved to an IK Axe I/O with the built in reamper, since it was a cheaper option and all the routing is built in - I'd suggest one of the new Presonus Quantum HDs now, though). You don't need a load box if you want to capture with the cab, but you do if you want to use IRs with them.

Shask

Reaction score
You need a reamp box (I just opted to sell my Audient and moved to an IK Axe I/O with the built in reamper, since it was a cheaper option and all the routing is built in - I'd suggest one of the new Presonus Quantum HDs now, though). You don't need a load box if you want to capture with the cab, but you do if you want to use IRs with them.
How do you like the Axe I/O? I was looking at those earlier today. I like how they seem to market it towards guitar players with the input controls for effecting the feel. Usually the flat feel is what making playing into a computer boring, so I wonder if this interface would help with that.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
How do you like the Axe I/O? I was looking at those earlier today. I like how they seem to market it towards guitar players with the input controls for effecting the feel. Usually the flat feel is what making playing into a computer boring, so I wonder if this interface would help with that.
I like it well enough, but I also downgraded from an SSL AlphaLink AX with API and Neve preamps to the Audient id22 to the Axe I/I, so it leaves a lot to be desired when I'm used to the higher end preamps and conversion... But I think if you're using it mostly just to record guitar, it's great. I sold my Radial reamp box and my Countryman DI because I didn't feel like it was needed with the Axe I/O.

Latest posts

')