Help me overcome my absence of GAS. :(

• Thread starter Andromalia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
So, first world problem summary.

-I have a custom guitar I love.
-I have an axe FX 2
- It's sales time over here in the shops and I still haven't bought anything !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Strobe

Reaction score
Send me your Axe FX2. Will send shipping details via PM. Problem solved. :lol:

Alternative 1: Have you seen the Kemper profiling amp yet?

Alternative 2: How many strings does your guitar have? Have you considered one more than that?!

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
How are you running your axe? FRFR or power amp and cab? Maybe try doing the opposite of what you are doing now. I will second the Kemper as well. How about an MFC-101 if you don't have one now? Maybe another pre amp to run in the effects loop of the axe?

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I feel you brother. Maybe it's time for you to give the Kemper a shot. I totally thought I was content with my Axe-FX II, but I gave the Kemper a shot out of boredom.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Well the Kemper is an idea, except I'd be stuck with profiles made by others at the moment. :/
Plus the form factor won't sit well in my small apartment. (Big cheap houses are the onl thing I miss from Ireland). And I'm pretty happy with the axe 2 too, I'm making enough progress with it that buyng another piece of digital simulation doesn't make any sense. ^^
(Using the axe as FRFR exclusively, I have a cab but no more mower amp as I'm not in a band and work schedule makes it look like it's gonna stay this way for a while...)

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
I will say that the profiles others have made are awesome well, most of them :lol: .

How about another guitar?

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Buy other not guitar gear! Get a bad ass bass! Get a bass amp that can make that bad ass bass shake the earth! Get into recording more! Buy a new laptop! Build a desktop! Spend all your money on strings!

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Honestly, I was worried about the "other people's profiles" thing at first. Then, I saw the guy who made around 40 rigs profiles with ENGL SE using every combination of settings I could think of. People are eventually going to have absolutely everything covered, so I'll probably never need to profile anything myself.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I was worried about the "other people's profiles" thing at first. Then, I saw the guy who made around 40 rigs profiles with ENGL SE using every combination of settings I could think of. People are eventually going to have absolutely everything covered, so I'll probably never need to profile anything myself.
How are you liking the Kemper compared to the axe-fx 2?

The kemper hasn't been out for that long yet, either. So, the more it grows in popularity the faster we will get solid patches. I'm sure guitar magazines will start including them in their cd's as well at some point.

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
For starters: buying gear for the sake of buying gear is extremely irresponsible and unwise.
But we all know gear is awesome so who gives a fuck, right?

Do you have your home studio setup, live setup, and practice setup (or some iteration) the way you want them?
You could always invest in a good interface, extra strings/picks, cables, etc.

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
Definitely studio gear. Theres tons of money you can throw into that. A nice interface, expensive monitors, microphones etc. Also build a really awesome PC capable of handling all that recording software, I just dropped $1500 building this one :ugh:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Have you considered that it might be a side effect of the medication you're taking? Low GAS, or "low G" as doctors call it, can be a troubling condition that affects your relationship with your gear. You might look into taking Gearagra. But if you have GAS that lasts more than 4 hours, call your doctor.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
join a band as a bass player, seriously. I just went through a 2 month long gas episode in which i've picked up an ibanez bass, Hartke 500watt head (after buying and returning a 200w acoustic combo), a peavey 1x15 cab, an eminence cappa 500watt 15" for it, and a hartke 2x10 from american musical. In the meantime i also grabbed a 100watt guitar tube combo (b52) and retubing it.

damn i think i have a problem...

edit - the hartke 2x10 is on a payment plan :nuts:

Blazerok

Reaction score
I'm not into this "buy just for buying" thing at all, when i don't GAS for anything, i try to save up a bit for the next time i'll want comething new.

But anyway, have you thought about a different guitar, like a kramer/charvel, a telecaster, an epiphone black hawk, a Gretsch hollowbody or even a danelectro baritone? entirely new guitars are pretty fun, and don't need to be super expensive.

Bevo

Reaction score
I have everything I want in my HD500, powered PA cab and my guitars and bass.. Last night I was in the guitar shop and bout strings, first time in 6 months...I son't need nothing!!

Save your cash and pay off your cards so your ready when you see something you want!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have a car? That will eat up your money real fast ;)

')