Help me pick!

• Thread starter benfan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

benfan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for my first 7, and i'm having a nightmare trying to decide.
The problem I have is that no stores near me stock 7 strings, and I dont want to order from the internet without first playing it (I had a bad experience with a so called 'Premium' 6 *cough* *cough* that turned out to be a dud).

I would love to try out an EBMM JP7 but unfortunately they go for silly money over here in the UK.

So my choices have been narrowed to -

Ibanez Prestige RGD7UC - Electric Guitars RGD - RGD7UC Prestige | Ibanez guitars

I love the body shape, and Prestiges are supposed to be the bees knees. I already have an Ibbi 6 and it plays really well. The only issue is that I am not a massive fan of black geetars.

Jackson Pro Series DKA7 - Pro Series DKA7 | Pro Series | Jackson® Guitars

I really like the white and maple neck with the black fret markers. Not such a big fan of having a killswitch on there as I'm not sure I would ever use it. Are Pro Series any good? I have no experience.

Schecter Banshee Passive 7 - Banshee : Banshee-7 Passive

Looks like a simple and solid guitar. Would like it even more if it came in a natural finish or tobacco burst.

I will order one of them through a local store with a deposit and play it before I commit to buy. I just want to make sure I haven't missed out any other options.

I dont want a floyd, my preffered colour option would be a natural finish (I have an RGA32 MOL and love the thing). Price range is anywhere up to £1000. I am not only looking for a superstrat shape either, I like tele's (Not the LTD shape though) and other classic body shapes. Would also want passives in there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fierce_Swe

Reaction score
I think ti Ibby is the best guitar of these 3. But all look good! The Schecter has got SD nazgûl and sentient pickups so for the price maybe thats the best guitar...

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
I personally would go for the RGD, however it goes for around 2K USD in the us so not sure what it would be in the UK? Ibanez generally have the thinnest neck and are great for going from 6-7. Jus my 2cents. Good luck.

benfan

Reaction score
The Ibanez isn't available until June over here. If it is above my price I could still go for the RGD but get the one without the BKP's and upgrade them at a later date.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
If you don't like black RGDs, then why not...

210002F1330938-body-large.jpg

benfan

Reaction score
That colour option doesn't look like it's available in the UK my friend.

The Hazelnut Ale Brown RG 7 is also unavaible over here.

You bloody Yanks get all the best deals! ;)

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
That colour option doesn't look like it's available in the UK my friend.

The Hazelnut Ale Brown RG 7 is also unavaible over here.

You bloody Yanks get all the best deals! ;)

I saw some EBMM's in the FS/T section of the forum that were over in the UK... That may be your avenue to get one of those- check it out!

7stg

Reaction score
These are all great. The Ibanez RGD7UC Prestige would be best but its not really fair as it costs more.

Using the Ibanez RGD2127FX Prestige would be a better comparison and I would then go for the Schecter then for a close 2nd Jackson. and last the Ibanez.

')