Help me please!

• Thread starter MrFighter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrFighter

Reaction score
Hi guys, well, the thing is that I'm thinking in buy a new amp. But, I want the best head of 90 watts, 100 watts or 120 watts because, less of that, I not like, is as that the sound is incomplete, in 90 watts, 100 watts or 120 watts, for me is more fuller!

My influences are:

-Avenged Sevenfold.
-Bless the fall.
-Bullet for my Valentine.
-Dream Theater.
-Evanescence.
-Godsmack.
-Hinder.
-In flames.
-Killswitch Engage.
-Lamb of God.
-Linkin Park.
-Lostprophets.
-Mark Tremonti.
-Orianthi.
-Papa Roach.
-Paramore.
-Simple Plan.
-Static X.
-Switchfoot.
-System of a Down.
-The Killers.
and Trivium.

I love the tone in each one, the style of music, is cool, and I want a head that can give a similar sound with a budget of 1500$ like maximum. I live in America and think buy this in:

Guitar Amp Heads | Sweetwater.com

Please, can help me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaRaf

Reaction score
I think most of those bands use 5150s or mesa rectifiers, so one of those will get you the kinda sound you want.

MrFighter

Reaction score
As above, NinjaRaf is spot on, get a Mesa Rectifier or a Peavey 5150, and get a mesa cab. (5150+mesa cab is awesomeness!)

Job done, and it'll get you sounds exactly like or very near the ballpark of all the bands listed.

Where you recommend that I can buy a good rectifier used? In what store?

NinjaRaf

Reaction score
Check used.guitarcenter.com. Craigslist is great. Ebay is good. Check around on all the forums, too....here, rigtalk, guitar amp boards, HC. Tons of places to buy. Theres some one on this board, I think, selling a 5150 for 600 shipped. Grab it!!

viesczy

Reaction score
Can't go wrong w a dual or a tri rec for sure... but if you're buying new why not consider the Peavey 3120 (original XXX) or XXX2 (originally the JSX)?

Both will give AWESOME tones in the style of music you're mentioning, can be had new for $1,000 to $1,200.

Buying used, if it will be your main/only amp I'd sooner spend the $ on new. Getting a used amp as a backup or a great deal is one thing, but as main/only amp isn't compatible with me.

Derek

Latest posts

')