Help Me Stop Tap Dancing On My Pedal Board

• Thread starter bigredmetfan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I use a line 6 pod xt for my live effects. I have a music man jp6, run into the pod, run the pod into my amps clean channel. I use line 6 big bottom with the bass at around 75, mids 100 and treble 75, drive all the way up, and presence about 75.
No noise gate
No tube screamer.
I get no feedback, and such a sick distorted tone that is so clear yet ballsy.
All my tones on it are sick, I just need a midi floorboard for it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Line 'em up and use your whole foot to stomp. :D

EDIT: bhakan beat me to the punch.

Casus

Reaction score
How about a Musicom Lab EFX MKIII? I have one, and love it!
Musicom Lab Musicom Lab EFX MK III plus Version 1.0 Musicom Lab online kaufen Webshop

Here it is on my board. Relatively small footprint, but lots of features.

IMG_1336.jpg

mlancaster1

Reaction score
With the musicomlab i noticed on the back that it has 2 in/out. So does that mean I can run 4 effects in the loop of my 6505+ and 4 in front of my 6505+? Also if I bought a voodoo lab control switcher, could I use this with the custom cable voodoo lab makes to change channels on my head?

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
loads of cheap loopers available type guitar pedal looper into ebay loads of indy pedal makers do em also lots of diy kits out there too

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Didn't want to start another thread......

I'm kinda wanting to do the same thing....only I want the effect loop to be shared between the two amps. I was looking at the amp gizmo, and wondered if it would help.

For instance, as it stands now I have an eq, delay, reverb, and chorus in my effects loop of my Dual Rec. These are always on (short of the delay).

I want to add my fender for cleans, and switch to the mesa for high gain. I know an ab switch will do this, but is there a way that I can share a loop with both amps so that when I switch to clean, the effects are engaged on that channel, and the same when I switch to high gain.

59Bassman

Contributor
Reaction score
My solution to this was to run an OD pedal in front of the amp, and move to a multieffects floor unit that could control my amp's channel switching for EQ, modulation, delay, and reverb. That way I could switch between effects patches, which would also change channels on my amp. So one foot tap would switch from clean to dirty channel, simultaneously dumping my "wet" reverb and chorus patch and going to a "dry" patch with a bit of EQ and slapback delay. The second foot tap was to hit the OD pedal again.

Not all of the multieffectors have the ability to control your amp, and not all amps work with that type of control. But if you find an old BOSS mfx unit that will work, it'll sound good and run forever.

Of course, if you're completely attached to your current pedals, this won't work.

Latest posts

')