Help me with my headstock?

• Thread starter Elysian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Headstock.jpg

the left is the new idea, the right is the old one, just slight tweaking mainly, but i shortened the overall headstock and slightly increased the angle of the point, but only very slightly... what do you guys think? any suggestions? i don't want a boat oar for a 7 inline headstock :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
wooow... man those are really sweet. I love them both but if I had to choose it would be the left one... man Im so impressed, these are probably the nicest headstocks Ive seen. :metal: I really mean it!

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
well, i've already done the one on the right, on the superstrat i built... it just looks kind of off to me when actually on a guitar, seems too big...

bath3.jpg

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
howso? its identical to the sketch, i literally traced the same piece of paper on the scan onto the ebony headcap then shaped it...

maybe its the tuners that make it look different...

Reaction score
well, somehow it looks different on the sketch... cant put my finger on it but its maybe as you said: "it just looks kind of off to me when actually on a guitar, seems too big..."

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I find the thinnest part of the headstock is too thin in proportion to the widest part. Either pull the bass-side midpoint in, or make the tip thicker.

BrianCarroll

Reaction score
darren said:
I find the thinnest part of the headstock is too thin in proportion to the widest part. Either pull the bass-side midpoint in, or make the tip thicker.

+1

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Elysian said:
well, i've already done the one on the right, on the superstrat i built... it just looks kind of off to me when actually on a guitar, seems too big...
bath3.jpg

Man, that's jusst beautiful. Hey let me ask you a question, does the shape of the headstock affect the tone of a guitar at all?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
darren said:
in the new drawing? cause thats what i did from the old one to the new one...

psyphre said:
Man, that's jusst beautiful. Hey let me ask you a question, does the shape of the headstock affect the tone of a guitar at all?
no...

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
The scoop at the top looks too deep imo.

It dosn't appear smooth and fluid like a nice "swoosh" something seems a little off. Like the curve is coming to an end and then goes off on a sharper degree of an angle.

I think that might be the camera angle making it look that way to me though.

On the headstock you used on the superstrat that is.

I prefer the new headstock design where the point has more meat to it and the curve isn't as long.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
why is my access forbidden?:scratch: I want to see, damn it.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
huh? which pic isn't working? the sketch? or the one of the superstrat?

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
The images don't pop up, so I copied the URL.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Weird, I can see them just fine and I'm usually the one who cannot.

I like the one on the left better, but they are both pretty sweet.

I still prefer the headstock on your other seven, though.

')