Help me with some djent tones?

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
If I can get a decent "djent" tone out of a Line 6 Spider 75 watt and a TS9.. I don't know why you're having so much trouble. :shrug:

Try varying your pick attack? That's half the "djent" sound.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
but, bulb had an engl before he switched to axe fx so, therefore:

engl = djent

Bulb had a POD long before he got that Engl. So did Acle/Tesseract. Chimpspanner STILL uses Line 6. And yup, Meshuggah got their Djent tones out of Line 6 Vetta amps when the axe fx was a twinkle off in the distance.

Djent is a style/sound, not a brand of amp. But if you're gonna try to pursue that angle anyway, Engl still won't win.

KAMI

Mom's Spaghetti
Reaction score
Bulb had a POD long before he got that Engl. So did Acle/Tesseract. Chimpspanner STILL uses Line 6. And yup, Meshuggah got their Djent tones out of Line 6 Vetta amps when the axe fx was a twinkle off in the distance.

Djent is a style/sound, not a brand of amp. But if you're gonna try to pursue that angle anyway, Engl still won't win.

engl are still sound good for djent. As you said line 6 are the benchmark sound, which is why I'm getting a POD hd pro soon, for recording and when I can't get a lift to a gig

ISRAFEL

Reaction score
Engls have a more solid state sound which is why I think most people flow towards those amps for playing djent styles. With that being said, the natural compression produced by these hi gain heads matched with a noise gate makes for a fairly well djent styled tone...as we all know djent is all about compression and noise gates.

Latest posts

')