Help me

• Thread starter zhughes17
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zhughes17

Reaction score
Ok so I left my guitar in my car overnight nd it got really cold and now the tone sounds really dark and none of the pots or switch do anything. I'm not sure what's going on

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lorguitarist

Legions Of Raum
Reaction score
Let it sit at room temperature for the rest of the day. Don't plug it in or try to warm it up with anything. Cold weather does weird stuff to electronics. Also open up the control cavity, and take the pickups out if you're comfortable doing that. Check to see if there's any condensation on anything. If so, wipe it down and let everything dry. When it's all dry and back to normal temp for a while try it out. If you're lucky nothing got "fried". If not, you'll be taking it to a tech and ordering new electronics.

Good luck

Oreo_Death

Blackbird
Reaction score
I can't really speak for electronics and taking that stuff out because I haven't done much of that on my own. Do let it sit and do not plug it in for the time being. Usually temperature only messes with my strings, I've never had any electronic problems, but I don't leave my guitars in my car if I'm not driving it. Good luck man! Hope it survives!

')