HELP ME!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Agile, most certainly. it´s just filled with awesomesauce, which you don´t get from the octavia ;)

gatesofcarnage

The Canada
Reaction score
coolness but i am still undecided because the octavia has the kahler on it which i personally love and it is black another personal favorite but on the other hand the Agile has an awesome price tag a birdseye fretboard. does anyone know the scale length of the octavia because that could be the deciding factor.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
Octavia is 27".

IMHO Agile Intrepid destroys Octavia in the very important fundamental aspects – body and neck woods AND neck mounting method.

Octavia has 1 piece (?) mahogany neck with single truss rod without a volute. :noplease: IMHO the neck is designed to fail hard. :noway:

And its set-neck :lol:

And having set-neck mahogany neck it has mahogany body :rofl:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
I've played an Octavia 6 with Kahler and it was a piece of crap. Ridiculously high action, neck warping, finish on the fingerboard, lumpy body wood shaping, bad fret ends... it was a mess. I don't recommend it.

gatesofcarnage

The Canada
Reaction score
does anyone know when the intrepid is available for order? Also what is wrong with having a set neck?

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with a set neck. Properly done, a bolt neck, set neck, or neck-thru will all sound and feel great. Some people have their own preferences.

gatesofcarnage

The Canada
Reaction score
The only problem i would have with the Halo is that it only has one truss rod. So i am still giving it thought but it is looking like the Agile at the moment

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
I just wanted to step in and saythat I've received my Halo Octavia and so far so good (y). Its a 28' scale and this was an option. I had mine made with ebony fretboard, quilt maple top, extra emg 808, kahler trem ( you can use these as fixed or trem) and tune it down to E which it is handling very nicely. It sounds great, easy to play, and I am happy with my purchase.

Wolfv11

Reaction score
from what ive heard qc with agile is better than the Horror stories ive heard from halo.

Lets put it this way, Kurt will never let some shit like this get away
img00004hr1.jpg

img00006hx4.jpg

See look! Ferrules!
intrepidpronat3.jpg

intrepidpronat1.jpg

i played a halo once, back when my older band was auditioning new guitar players, we found a guy who was endorsed by halo. I played on it at a rehearsal, ive played Jay Tursers that were better.

Celiak

Reaction score
Holy shit! The Agile is so freaking hot.

I can't wait till they get some feedback and start in on the second batch.

I think it would look better if it had a larger headstock though, or maybe an inline instead of the 4+4.

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
I think it would look better if it had a larger headstock though, or maybe an inline instead of the 4+4.

Wouldn't finding strings long enough to reach the seventh and eighth posts be a problem for inline? I guess Ibanez gets away with it, but they have shorter scales (if the 2228 has a longer scale, forgive me, I'm not caught up on eights).

gatesofcarnage

The Canada
Reaction score
I believe i will be going with the Intrepid because it is just AWESOME! so yay for waiting...................and.............waiting