Help!!! My shecter atx is buzzing like crazy!

• Thread starter chickenxnuggetz91
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chickenxnuggetz91

What kind of sauce?
Reaction score
]I just got my schecter c-1 atx from drumcityguitarland. They set it up for dropped B with 12, 16, 24p, 32, 44, 56 ernie ball strings. It has seymour duncan blackouts. I love the way the guitar feels. It is light and comfortable. But i have an excessive amount of fret buzz. The string ringing noise is absolutely atrocious when i do staccato and mutes. also the neck seems bowed. i know bow is supposed to be there but it is OBVIOUSLY bowed if you know what I'm saying. I have heard nothing but good things about the atx's and i played one before a purchased mine and it was absolutely perfect. I'm taking it to get setup this afternoon because i really don't want to give up on a potentially awesome instrument. But the guys from drumcity were supposed to set it up and be good at it. supposedly. granted it is january crazy weather and it came from colorado to mississippi, but it was delivered in a schecter hardcase in a plastic bag in a box. HELP!!! should i get my money back or spend more money trying to make this guitar playable?[/SIZE][/SIZE]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
When you press at the first fret and at the last fret at the same time, aproximately how much gap is there in the 7-9 fret region? It should be very minuscule, but still a gap.

chickenxnuggetz91

What kind of sauce?
Reaction score
there is a gap. not miniscule by any means. you could easily fit a couple of index cars between the strings and the frets. like i said excessive bow i think. i forgot to mention that the g string sounds dead open and all up and down the neck. the sustain in this terrible setup can't even outlast a strat at the current time.

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
Yeah, adjust the truss rod.

Start by turning it clockwise a 1/4 turn and let it rest for 10-20 minutes and check how much it has changed. Do this until the gap is really small.

Also - the G string sounds CRAP because it is a crap string. Plain strings over .022 will sound like that. Change it to a wound .024 and it will sound perfect.

chickenxnuggetz91

What kind of sauce?
Reaction score
i will try that. it is sitting right now. and i will probably change the g string. i don't like ernie balls anyway.

MarrowOfTheEarth

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sounds to me like they did a half-ass job on the set-up.
It probably just needs a little adjustment to fix the neck relief.
Also, you might wanna change the G to a wound .24 string 'cause unwound G's almost always have a problem. It's just physics. Hope this helps.

chickenxnuggetz91

What kind of sauce?
Reaction score
Its getting a setup. it felt like the neck was warped. the g will be wound. i really hope it will come back in playable condition. i heard and read nothing but good things about drumcity, but i feel like they just stuck a set 12's on the guitar and didn't bother to set it up like they said they would. i contacted them and if the guitar is still unplayable i will demand my money back. the neck feels ruined and i feel really cheated.

')