HELP: Need advice quick

evilchuck

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first thread and my first post on SS.org. im in a big dilemma as i have a decision to make and i dont want to feel like im losing out. where better to find the gear gurus but here amirite?

anyways, here goes;

I just recently came across a deal for my 6 string Ibanez RGA 321F to be traded for a Blackat Feral 7 Baritone.now i have no idea about Blackat guitars so was hoping you guys could help me out by advising if i should go for it.

The specs of the Blackat are:
Alder Body Neck-thru, maple and bubinga 5 piece neck. aftermath uncovered 7 string pups, All hipshot parts.

I dont know if im making the right decision.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
This is obviously dependent on each guitar's conditioning, but if they are both as new, I'd jump on that trade IF done in person, face to face. If you got that option via web contact... huuummm we have a saying over here that goes like "quando a esmola é grande, o pobre desconfia" (Google translation :): when alms-giving is great, the poor suspects)

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
^ definitely make sure it's in person.

I'm not familiar with your Ibanez, but I went from a mid-range (price) sixer to a low-range seven, and there was no going back, and my only reget was going from mahogany to basswood.
Try it, and if you like it, go for it. :agreed:

evilchuck

Reaction score
hmmmm. thing is that i checked with Blackat and the buyer and guitar seem legit. however im quite skeptical as to why he would want to sell it. my Ibanez is supposedly a rare model according to a friend of mine but i am unsure about the Blackat and dunno if in the trade am i getting ripped of or am i just lucky.

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
What color is your Ibby?
They are discontinued, but (in the 40 seconds I looked at the search results, this is far from conclusive,) I'm not sure if they're rare. If you have an unusual color though..

There's a BlacKat Feral 7 hybrid in the marketplace, and from what I found, they're roughly the same cost/value. :shrug:

evilchuck

Reaction score
hmmmm. i dunno, the RGA is priced as $1000 to 1100 (Mint condition). is the blackat running around the same also? (i mean in estimated value)

evilchuck

Reaction score
thanks guys, ive heard really good things about Blackat guitars so im gonna go ahead with the trade. ill post pics once i get it. you guys are the best.

')