Help needed with intonation (Harley Benton Amarok 6 BT)

• Thread starter fuge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fuge

Reaction score
Hello there!
So I recently bought a Harley Benton Amarok 6 BT guitar, just trying to set it up for Drop G tuning. As visible on the attached image, one string's intonation was so off that to set it up correctly the saddle went off from the screw.
Feels like the whole bridge is a bit too far away, according to the intonation at least. My question is, what can I do at this point? Should I just get a longer screw? Or maybe something's wrong with the neck / string gauge?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Attachments

• 385532802_1407445736846416_3285525079637439575_n.jpg
    385532802_1407445736846416_3285525079637439575_n.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like you sort of skipped past the proper intonation point and now you're trying to make it to the next one.

Intonation is sort of like tuning. If you go too quickly you'll miss the note you're looking for and eventually you'll hit the next octave.

So start over, move the saddle back, and be careful when adjusting. Use a tuner that's as accurate as possible, it'll help with tracking and make it easier in general.

fuge

Reaction score
There should be one correct intonation point, right? The saddle is not that off as on the pic, when I feel it's on point, but still I need longer screw. :(
I haven't seen this kind of pattern that only one saddle goes up that much. Suspicious - maybe I'll try again with a different gauge string as well.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There should be one correct intonation point, right?

Well, sort of. There should be one intonation point for a given size string in a given tuning on a guitar with a given scale and a particular reference fret.

Any variables change, intonation point moves.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
There should be one correct intonation point, right? The saddle is not that off as on the pic, when I feel it's on point, but still I need longer screw. :(
I haven't seen this kind of pattern that only one saddle goes up that much. Suspicious - maybe I'll try again with a different gauge string as well.
You need to get the saddle back to the correct scale length and start from scratch.

In the TRAIN scenario
Tension
relief
action
intonation

the first three things affect the intonation.

Also, where the flex point is on the string it will get a hump in it and sometimes it takes some noodling for it to resettle. I play FR mostly so it only seems to affect fixed bridge.

')