Help! PC is slowing wayyyy down.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Okay guys, I got a doozy for ya. Yesterday my computer started slowing down....a lot. I decided to restart and run my anti-virus and anti spyware software and they brought back no errors, which puzzled me :scratch: I found this odd as usually its at least SOMETHING around those lines. This incident never occured before, and only seems to happen when I bring up Firefox, which I think is the cause of the problem as they just came out with an update and every time I run the program my PC goes from running normal to slowing down to a screeching halt, and this continues until I restart my computer, even when I close the browser. Do you guys think its the browser as well, and have any of you had similar problems? Right now I'm on IE and it seems to be running okay, but I don't know if that will last. I'll update if there's anything else I find.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
If you don't update acrobat with the new firefox it can cause issues like this. Check your task manager to see where the system resources are being used.:agreed:

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I'll take a look at that, I thought I had the latest version but I'll be sure to check that out and make an update.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Firefox was being a fucking pig with me last night, it kept trying to find a quicktime update, and when the update window appeared it crashed the browser. The third time it happened I just managed to click "do not show me this again" and cancelled the download.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
In FireFox, try going to:

Tools>Options>Advanced>Update and uncheck any and all boxes for searching for automatic updates for FireFox and installed Add-Ons. That might help going forward.

Definitely check the Task Manager and see what's hogging up system resources as another poster said.

orb............

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Another weird part of it is that the processor/ram isn't even under any real stress (Processor usage stays around 15-25%, ram about 25%) and it was doing this. I tried the Adobe Acrobat Update and that seems to have helped a bit, I'll go ahead and clear my cache while I'm at it and uncheck the updater.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
In FireFox, try going to:

Tools>Options>Advanced>Update and uncheck any and all boxes for searching for automatic updates for FireFox and installed Add-Ons. That might help going forward.

Definitely check the Task Manager and see what's hogging up system resources as another poster said.

orb............

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

:rofl:

last update was done..... on 1st january 1970 !!!!

:rofl:

EPIC!

32254aaa792b2ee58.gif

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
:lol: @ Hufschmid

Well, it seems everything's running smoothly now that I got the update installed. This version is kinda slow by itself though, which kinda steams me up :mad: Ah well, still quicker than IE.

Latest posts

')