Help picking a pointy 7 string

• Thread starter Wingchunwarrior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
So my bro wants a seven string but unfortunately unlike me he won't have anything but a spiky pointy one.

He is very interested in the razorback, Is this a good guitar? I mean Dean gets a lot of hate which I completely understand(i.e graphics of a guitarists face on a sig guitar and all that:ugh:) but is the razorback an exception like the rc7?

What other 7s would you recommend, he's willing to pay about £1000 for it.

Cheers:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
I like the razorback style wise but I think a Xiphos 7 would be killer.

splinter8451

Reaction score
+1 for the Xiphos.

It comes with Dimarzio D-activators and the neck is awesome. It would be an awesome first 7.

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
He doesn't know a lot about guitars and so I've had to show him a few pointy guitars and I've already shown him the xiphos and the stealth and he says its not his cup of tea.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
well if he dont know anything by all means let him get the dean, but remember this. friends dont let friends play shite.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Probably an Agile, the hornet is pointy as fuck lol and you could mod that thing out like crazy after it arrives with the cash left over. new pups, OFR, etc.

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
well if he dont know anything by all means let him get the dean, but remember this. friends dont let friends play shite.

He's not just a friend he's my brother. Would you let a family member play a Dean? Is it something you could let yourself do to your brother! Your own brother! No what am I doing No brother NO don't get the dean get the ibby!

phantaz

Mt Death Head
Reaction score
I've owned a Razorback 7 and a Xiphos 7. The playability and craftsmanship of the Dean was far superior to the Ibanez.

splinter8451

Reaction score
False, i have one, and with a proper set up it plays wonderfully. I'd recommend it

He was talking about the Dean :lol: jymellis is prob one of the biggest Ibanez fans on this forum.

I can't believe this kid likes the Razorback shape over the Xiphos :nono:. To me the Razorback is the prime example of a guitar trying way to hard to be metal and failing. But people are entitled to their opinions.

Maybe you should try and find a Xiphos for him to play alongside a Dean and let him pick. Or any Ibanez and Dean so he can get a feel for the different brands.

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
He was talking about the Dean :lol: jymellis is prob one of the biggest Ibanez fans on this forum.

I can't believe this kid likes the Razorback shape over the Xiphos :nono:. To me the Razorback is the prime example of a guitar trying way to hard to be metal and failing. But people are entitled to their opinions.

Maybe you should try and find a Xiphos for him to play alongside a Dean and let him pick. Or any Ibanez and Dean so he can get a feel for the different brands.

Your not going to believe this but he's not my younger brother he's my brother thats 29 years old, and some how he doesn't know a lot about guitars even though he's been playing for about 10-12 years(and I've been playing for 1 year).

I think he has his mind set on the razorback but what about warlock 7s? Are there any that are worth buying, the warlock is one of his favourite shapes but I've heard that the older ones are not great quality? Is this true?

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Your not going to believe this but he's not my younger brother he's my brother thats 29 years old, and some how he doesn't know a lot about guitars even though he's been playing for about 10-12 years(and I've been playing for 1 year).

I think he has his mind set on the razorback but what about warlock 7s? Are there any that are worth buying, the warlock is one of his favourite shapes but I've heard that the older ones are not great quality? Is this true?

I haven't played it, but the Kerry King Warlock 7 is supposed to be amazing. I think someone posted an NGD about one on this forum not too long ago...

')