Help plse guys..

• Thread starter neo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neo

Reaction score
GT-8 vs Line6 POD live xt..
I dunno how to set up GT-8 sound they way i wanted.. according to a lot of ppl GT-8 should b better than Line-6 POD.. but my friend got Line6 and he can get a lot of FX sound from bands easily from internet via Line6 and I am stuggling with adjusting my GT-8.... is there anyway to help me out?? i just noob..

my gears are... Schecter C7 Hellraiser, Vox 100w valvetronix and GT-8..

Thanks ahead..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
the gt-8 is better than the line 6 (haha flame away) but it does take a lot more time to get used to. my advice is get a nice clean set up on the amp, and then find a simple clean patch on the gt-8, cant think of a number off the top of my head but some of the jazz ones are ok, then turn off all the extra stuff leaving you with the just the patch, then start building it up a little at a time. maybe just an overdrive and then set up the eq and you will get some decend sounds.

also make sure youve eq'ed your amp nicely to get yourself a good sound.

i have one right here with me and im playing it, iv had it a good few months and theres still loads i dont know how to do but bare with it

neo

Reaction score
Now i'm start getting use to with adjusting setting on GT-8.. thanks Rogue for that. :)

And another thg that i would like to ask you guys is.. how can i connect to amp to get clear FX sound?? to Input plug or to Loop> return? some said if we connect to Loop> return can get the pure FX sound.. is it true? but when i do that i can't use any function of normalsetting on Amp (eg. master volume, gain, built in effect, bass, mid tremble etc etc).. is that normal? or how can i sort this out?..

Thanks ahead

neo

Reaction score
Thanks Jason.. that is cool site..
Cheers

:D Sorry.. I got another query about GT-8..
I would like to know how can I put Patch/es to GT-8??
Do I need any particular software or smthg?

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
there may be a editior online for use with midi..honestly just do em manualy there not too hard to do.

neo

Reaction score
yeah!!
now i know why ppl say GT-8 is awsome.
with that we can do a lot of thing..
but it may b it's too much options for beginner (and dumb) like me.. :D
need a bit more practise to refine mastering and mic type etc etc...
but i will b get by eventually.. (i hope)
and I really really appreciate you guys help..
Cheers

')