HELP- Tremol-No issues

JoeChugs

Reaction score
I for the life of me can not get this Tremol-no in my RG-550 to work properly.
Issues:
1. I balance the bridge perfectly, but when i tighten the clamp lock screws, all notes go sharp.
2. After adjusting this, i lock the term down with the little knobs, and the notes go out of tune again
3. once tuned, i lock the strings at the nut. after some playing, the bridge moves and the strings are out of tune again.

this thing is driving me nuts, I've tried over tightening the little knob screws, it just slips. when my fingers didn't work, i used pliers. all the reviews I've read on this unit made it seem so easy to use and dependable, please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Do you have loads of string tension? I've heard of some people having issues with that.

painless6505

Reaction score
Here is what always works for me:

1) tune guitar with nut loose, and tremolo-no in full floating
2) once in tune, tightn nut screws
3) set tremolo-no in desired setting: dive only or no trem
4) tune again with fine tuners

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Hmm, if it's slipping it sounds like there may be a problem with the finger screws. Does the guitar go out of tune when you leave the T-no completely free?

You should definitely tune full floating (with T-no locked tight to the claw screws) then lock then fine tune.

JoeChugs

Reaction score
There is average tension, 10-52 one whole step down.

Problem is that when the spring screws are perfect and the bridge is level, the next step is to tighten the clamp screws, which shaps the notes even with the nut locked.

also, guitar does not stay in tune when the T-no is in float, I feel as though it doesn't return to "point zero," and the T-no arm is as parallel to the springs as possible.

I feel as though I should have to use pliers to lock the thumb screws, online videos and other various reviewers make it seem so easy to turn them and lock it

Rizza

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue here. I just installed the tremol-no, after watching tutorials on the installation process. Got the alignment set as best I can (spent literally hours doing it) but the bridge wont return to the same spot after whammy use causing the strings to be either sharp or flat. I'm pretty disappointed about it. It's cool to be able to put the guitar in hardtail mode but it's just not worth it in my opinion if you can't use the trem in floating mode.

Rizza

Reaction score
Ok so this is a late reply but I later found out that the problem was bad springs, which should've been obvious. I just didn't think it could've been the springs because they were relatively new, in fact they were bought from floydupgrades.com and they were the noise dampening springs, but they just crapped out on me. So I put in new ones and everything is good to go.

dead_scott

Reaction score
Hello, there, I'm having problems with my new tremol-no unit =(. It works fine in hard tail, but the deep C piece won't sit tight. Anyone having the same problem?

dead_scott

Reaction score
I tightened the 2 screws that sit on the receiver. That way it works as hard tail (the bridge doesn't move). The problem is that on other videos I've seen that the deep C unit sits tight. In my tremol-no it is loose, even if i try to tighten the screw. Maybe u can throw up some light on this:scratch:

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
get a big brass block so it fights better :)

Reaction score
When I got my tremel-no, the little screws were hard as shit to lock down, then I took the little rubber spacers off of the thumbscrews and they're very easy to tighten down now. If you haven't done that, I would suggest doing that. I'm using 10-62 gauge on my 7-string and it works perfectly.

')