Help with amps (what ones go well with sevens)

• Thread starter Days Break
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Do you played amps that i said you??

Go to a shop and try some SS amps, Randall G3 and Randall Warhead, those have nice distortion, or maybe a Fender metalhead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
is it common knowledge that engl's are better than 5150s, or do some disagree? I love my 5150 but i have yet to try an engl. would i love it?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
is it common knowledge that engl's are better than 5150s, or do some disagree? I love my 5150 but i have yet to try an engl. would i love it?

Hardly. Engls are different than 5150s. Is the build quality better? Most likely. Do they sound better? Totally subjective.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
+1 to Mike - they're not really for me (or maybe I just need to tweak them a bit more), but Devin Townsend got some absolutely crushing tones from his, on the SYL debut. I've heard some great sounds from Engls in the past, but nothing like what Devin'd done with his.

Reaction score
personally, i love Avatar cabs, they are made in the US by a family run company. Their cabs are very cheap but made with alot of care and hold up very well. I have a 1x12 bass cab and a 2x12 guitar cab ( with vintage 30s). The other guitar player in my band has a 4 12 with v30s, and a friend in another band has the 2x12 bass cab. The guitar cabs have many options you can choose from like what kinds of speakers ( v 30s on the tops and T-100s on the bottom for example) and what color you want the tolex/grill to be. Im almost positive they ship to the UK, but anyone else in the US who needs a cheap cab should defanatly check these out.
There are alot of cabs around that have the same price but none of them let you pick what top of the line speakers you want. a 4 12 with vintage 30s for $380? thats pretty sick.

')