Help with cab decision

• Thread starter Pensilac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pensilac

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a 4x12 cab and there are 4 used ones in my area I am interested in. There are 2 Marshall 1960a's and they're going for $400 right now and as far as I know so far, they both have the stop celestion G12T75s.

There's an Avatar 4x12 for $300 with V30s that's in good condition from what i've heard though I have yet to see it.

And there's also a Mesa 4x12 with V30s that looks really nice but it's $450.

I'm really liking the looks of the Mesa but is it worth the extra $50-150?

I play mostly metal, bands like Decapitated, Emperor, and Opeth. I also require a good clean tone though so what of these cabs would probably be the best for me? I'm leaning towards the Mesa but I'm just not quite sure if it's worth the extra or not.

Thanks in advance for your input

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Death

Reaction score
The Mesa is $1k cab. It's built tough as shit and is worth the extra cash no doubt. I would buy the Mesa, especially with your style of music.

You may like the G12t75 speakers better though. That you would the deciding factor I think. The Mesa and Marshals will hold value more than the Avatar also.

Pensilac

Reaction score
Yeah the Mesa is looking real nice. The Marshalls were also $1000 cabs though. It seems though that a lot more bands play using V30s than the G12s. I've never actually tried either though so not sure what I'd prefer :squint:.

Probably should of mentioned before but I plan on getting an EVH 5150 III to go with it. So if anyone has any experience with these cabs and the EVH, which I'm sure many of you do, please feel free to comment.

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a 4x12 cab and there are 4 used ones in my area I am interested in. There are 2 Marshall 1960a's and they're going for $400 right now and as far as I know so far, they both have the stop celestion G12T75s.

There's an Avatar 4x12 for $300 with V30s that's in good condition from what i've heard though I have yet to see it.

And there's also a Mesa 4x12 with V30s that looks really nice but it's $450.

I'm really liking the looks of the Mesa but is it worth the extra $50-150?

I play mostly metal, bands like Decapitated, Emperor, and Opeth. I also require a good clean tone though so what of these cabs would probably be the best for me? I'm leaning towards the Mesa but I'm just not quite sure if it's worth the extra or not.

Thanks in advance for your input

I'd spend the extra dough for the Mesa. Especially if its the oversized cabinet.

Latest posts

')