Help with choosing my first Synth

• Thread starter PnKnG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Hope I'm in the right sub forum. Else a mod has to move this.
Anyway.

So I want to start getting into Synth's. I'm somewhat stuck in between choosing a MicroKorg or a Micro X.
I'm mostly looking toward a Enter Shikari, HORSE the Band and Sky Eats Airplaine kind of synth sound.
What of the 2 is better for this kind of stuff?
Anybody who can give me an opinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Breakdown

Reaction score
Enter shikari use the microkorg and HORSE the band use a korg ms2000 which is basically a bigger version of the micro korg and sky eats airplane doesnt have a synth player (they use prerecorded sound samples off thier MAC laptop. ) .
SO i'd get the microkorg a lot of band use it .

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
Are you wanting these for percussion elements? Im going on a limb here, but Im pretty sure drums and percussion isn't a good place to ask non drums and percussion questions....

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Are you wanting these for percussion elements? Im going on a limb here, but Im pretty sure drums and percussion isn't a good place to ask non drums and percussion questions....

No. Its just that I didn't know where to put this and the closed would be this sub forum since you are able to do drum and percussion with some synths.
If its wrong that please let a Mod move it to the correct sub forum.
I'm looking for a synth sound like the bands mentioned in my first post.

tdrbacon

This is capital.
Reaction score
Well... The microKORG is a great synth, I play one myself. Last I saw Sky Eats Airplane, they used Logic Pro 8 to program all their synths. When I saw Enter Shikari, Rou was using his EMX (not keyboard) and an Axiom M-audio Midi controller, which I assume he was using with Propeller Head Reason 4.0 (GREAT FOR SWEET SYNTH SOUNDS.) If you want to use a Midi controller.

Ummm.. The Korg Radias (ES uses one) and M3 are pretty good, if you want to drop a pretty penny. The R3 is pretty good too (Great vocoder/ trance-y sounds.)

The MicroKORG XL is, I think a good choice as well. It is like a little Radias or R3, AND it has piano.

You should check out Juno Synthesizers, as well.

:D - Teddy.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Micro Korg FTW. I've got one and it is great for everything from tripped out beats to Ayreon classic sounds. So easy to use even though I suck at traditional piano I can make the Micro Korg sound great. The tweaking knobs are the shit for getting a superb tone. :agreed:

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
So. the deal is made. I'm going for a used MicroKorg.
Its most likely to arrive her on the Friday of next week (not this weeks Friday) since I got to wait for the money from my job.

')