Help with DRUM KIT From HELL

Reaction score
I am so frustrated. I was not aware that I needed EZ drummer 1st....in order to use DFH! I know, stupid right..

I bought DFH from Guitar Center online. Of course, I cant install it with out their other program. I cant find a free version of ez drummer, nor can I find a way to speak with anyone at TOONTRACK.

What I want to do is import some of the wave files into my sampling workstation, via USB to my MC808. I can see the files on the disc I purchased. I can even transfer them to my HD. HOWEVER, there is absolutely no way to use them:wallbash:.

I,m not interested in using the midi or using the software as originally designed for computer DAW. I JUST WANT THE DAMN SAMPLES. I bought the thing. I should be able to do what I want with the source files.:mad:

Anybody know how I can do this without buying EZdrummer? I will be forever in your debt:rolleyes:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Well, the way the program works is sampling the drums through MIDI triggers, so each of the hits is a midi note that calls for that sample. In other words, you're most likely out of luck.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you can see the sample files, and transfer them to your harddrive, then transfer them to your workstation/whatever sampler you want :shrug:

I've seen lots of people using DFH with other samples (i.e. Reason, EXS24, etc.).

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
I think his complaint is more that Toontrack don't name their samples on the discs to be easily recognised by anything other than their software. Unfortunately I doubt there is much you can do about that, short of listening to them and trying to find the samples you need. :shrug:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I do believe HamBungler is right. I've looked at the sample files before and can't seem to use them as standard audio files. They wont play back in Windows Media Player, etc etc. I have no idea how the audio files they provide actually work.

I may be wrong, but what Eleven59 said about people using these samples is probably the original Drumkit from Hell which as I understand was just a bunch of audio files, as opposed to a Virtual Instrument plugin.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
I do believe HamBungler is right. I've looked at the sample files before and can't seem to use them as standard audio files. They wont play back in Windows Media Player, etc etc. I have no idea how the audio files they provide actually work.

I may be wrong, but what Eleven59 said about people using these samples is probably the original Drumkit from Hell which as I understand was just a bunch of audio files, as opposed to a Virtual Instrument plugin.

Yeah, I use the original DFH sample library with Reason's NN-XT sampler. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about the later versions of DFH.

6o66er

Awful Jack-ass
Reaction score
Mine work in Windows Media Player when the wife decides to import shit from the entire computer.....? I have the newer version, too. :scratch:

EDIT: could it be that you haven't set up your player/??? to read specific types of media files? Just a shot in the dark....

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Mine work in Windows Media Player when the wife decides to import shit from the entire computer.....? I have the newer version, too. :scratch:

EDIT: could it be that you haven't set up your player/??? to read specific types of media files? Just a shot in the dark....

My Player is set to play all kinds of files, and the samples say they are WAV files - which I do play in WMP regularly. However I havn't tried importing them into Sonar as audio files to see what they contain. I imagine that if it works, it would be incredibly complicated. Though as the OP says there is no way to use the samples, I guess it isn't possible. I imagine Toontrack would have made it this way on purpose, seen as they are selling a Virtual Instrument - not a bunch of audio samples to share with your friends.

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the rapid response. There are a couple of suggestions that I find promising. Thank you again for taking the time to help me.:wavey:

')