Help with getting an audio interface

• Thread starter anunnaki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Reduced volume on the guitar should work. I don't like the idea, just because. But technically it's fine.
Think about it, two scenarios:
-You have a better interface that records guitar DIs peaking at roughly -6dB in the DAW. You send it to your amp plugin and it has X amount of gain.
-You have a clipping interface and have to turn your guitar down to peak at roughly -6dB in the DAW. You sent it to your amp plugin...the gain will be the same.

As far as I'm aware there should be no difference at all. I don't like the idea, just in principle I'd find it annoying. But there we go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

breadtruck

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree it is pretty annoying. I guess it's just a small temporary solution. I was going to keep using the LINE mode but I read a lot about impedance mismatch and losing top-end etc... it's so difficult to look up that stuff online for a clueless guy like me, because every single website or forum posts says something slightly different. I don't know who's right or wrong. :shrug:

')