Help with playing.

• Thread starter Oddkid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oddkid

Reaction score
Hey all

Haven't posted for a while, I can't remember last time actually. I'm vaguely remembering posting up to say I was struggling with playing motivation and stuff. Largely that hasn't really changed and my time lurking on SS.org suffered too...

I've been thinking and I reckon my problem is largely down to not enjoying playing on my own. My last few bands all ended badly (thanks to egos) and I've been a bit apathetic ever since. I'm trying to sort myself again at the minute, my playing has definitely suffered for the time off so I'm going back to basics. When I first started playing I went straight into bands playing original material and learned few covers, so I'd like suggestions for easy rock covers about 10 or so to quickly beef up my repertoire and make practice more interesting.

Also, has anyone played rocksmith? I was considering getting that as the goals for completeness and trophies might be extra motivational? Is it any good?

Cheers everyone.

Matt

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Apparently rocksmith sucks.

The simple things most would probably suggest are Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters for a good start. There's some fun Feeder songs, too.

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
Whenever I get bored with my usual watch tv and noodle during commercials routine, I pull up youtube and type in "guitar lessons". The range of stuff that randomly pops up can be a fun roller coaster and get you out of your usual rut since the content is random.

Oddkid

Reaction score
Whenever I get bored with my usual watch tv and noodle during commercials routine, I pull up youtube and type in "guitar lessons". The range of stuff that randomly pops up can be a fun roller coaster and get you out of your usual rut since the content is random.

That is great advice!

')