Help with wiring diagram!

• Thread starter bklixuz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    wiring
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bklixuz

Reaction score
hi!
I modded my ibanez S replaced the volume knob with push/pull pot and a 3-way lever switch like this
3PS1CGAE5.jpg

I followed this diagram
2h_1v_1t_3w_1pp.jpg

and got all working except for the middle switch.
I cant get the neck and bridge pickup to work.
in the diagram it has a toggle switch while mine has a 3-way lever switch so im confused on how to get the neck and bridge pickup to work.
tried following the wiring of this diagram on the switch Guitar Wiring Diagram 2 Humbuckers/3-Way Lever Switch/1 Volume/0Tone/001
I cant figure out where to solder the wires for the middle switch.
can anyone give me a diagram on a 3-way lever switch that has a switch like I have or draw me something :D?
thanks in advance!

edit: need to get the neck and bridge pups working in the middle switch :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
All you need to do is "jump" the bridge lug to the 2nd lug, and the neck lug to the 2nd lug.

The switch looks like this. (btw the other side is a lot more useful to look at)

1 2 3 C C 1 2 3

B-B X V-V X N-N (where - denotes a jumper).

it works by connecting lugs 1, 2 and 3 to common in their respective positions, vs a 5 way which connects 1, 1+2, 2, 2+3, 3.

So just add a bit of wire from each pickup to connect to the middle lugs too (#2's)

bklixuz

Reaction score
thanks! but im really not sure I completely understand. can you draw me a diagram on the switch like this example?

edit:

the switch on this diagram
wd2hh3l11_01.jpg

in this switch
3wayibanezswitch.jpg

I tried this one and in all switches both neck and bridge humbuckers sound
1-7.jpg

sorry for being such a total noob :D

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
That final diagram should work, get that ground off your switch body, you don't need it on this type of switch.

Although the last diagram should work (without the ground, don't know where that came from) I usually wire bridge and neck on opposite sides, so they are on the outer 2 lugs.

As I said yours should work (without the ground, that could very well be your problem, but that would not make sense), but here is how I usually do it.

')