Help!

• Thread starter ploveguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've been working on riffs to record
BUT
i can't seem to come up with any good drums parts :(
can anyone give me some tips on coming up with some good drums?
i'm using guitar pro 5 to write btw

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like an ass, but the only way to do it is to study drummers, rhythm theory in general, and excercise your creativity.

In essence, your question is like a drummer asking "How can I come up with some good guitar parts?" If it was that easy, we wouldn't need to practice our instruments every day.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
^ yeah, there's no easy way, actually. You gotta have an idea of what a drummer does, even though you don't have to know how to play it yourself.

Take a look at some drummer video lessons on youtube, for a start :)

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like an ass, but the only way to do it is to study drummers, rhythm theory in general, and excercise your creativity.

In essence, your question is like a drummer asking "How can I come up with some good guitar parts?" If it was that easy, we wouldn't need to practice our instruments every day.

Yeah, but practicing doesn't turn you into a great composer. ;)

I do agree, though; study drummers.

Though it does somewhat depend on the type of music you're playing, recognize that the foundation of rock is the back beat.

Here

Hi hat 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Snare ----0-------0---
Bass 0---0---0---0---

Most else is variations on that. Look up drum rudiments on Wikipedia and apply those around the kit

(like this!):

H.H.-0--0-00
Sd. 0-00-0--
Bass -something not too busy.

That's a paradiddle, right hand on the snare, left on the hi hat.

You need to learn the rules before you can break them. :)

')