help

• Thread starter Calija
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Calija

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My new hex wrench is stuck in my ibanez rg truss rod cover. it si very stuck. havent bothered unscrewing the cover yet cus it seems stuck on the plastic. just hoping im not the first that dumb enough to have this issue
fuckin $8 hex wrench dude. 8 bucks for one damn bit. this isnt related to my issue im just mad i had to pay that much

Attachments

• 20240812_141926.jpg
    20240812_141926.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240812_141914.jpg
    20240812_141914.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necky379

Reaction score
You know sometimes you just gotta slide another cat into the wall to get the other cat out

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Maybe wrap a towel around it tight where it meets the stuck part and spary a tiny drop of penetraing spray into it? I've had this happen and I just kept really slowly trying to wiggle it free eventually getting it out but the collar to the truss was a little frayed from it. I just tried pulling it out and putting some side pressure on it. It went in so it should come out but it sounds like the metal grooved together or something.

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Clamp the hex key with a big ass pipe wrench and hit it with a hammer - like seriously it's Hammer Time!

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got it out guys dont worry.
I also hit myself in the nose with some heavy ass pliers but its ok.
Well since you have gathered an audience now, we surely deserve a step-by-step review on how things went, right?

- Tools and techniques used
- Time consumed
- Damage done (to the guitar and yourself)

Calija

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well since you have gathered an audience now, we surely deserve a step-by-step review on how things went, right?

- Tools and techniques used
- Time consumed
- Damage done (to the guitar and yourself)
Method:
try and pull at it for a few days and then give up and ask a forum site if anyone has done anything as stupid
realise they are just going to tell you to do the thing you wernt bothered to do
eventually do the thing you wernt bothered to do (take the cover off)
you discover that taking off the cover didnt do anything
get some big ol pliers to hold onto the bottom of the screwdriver attachment thing.
use the end of the headstock as a leaver pull the bit out
put a cloth on the end of the headstock to not damage it (important you do this after at least one attempt to ensure a small dent)
try pushing the bit into the guitar a little to try and push the wood out of the way
finally pull it out.

Time consumed:
it didnt have to take that long but I made sure all of my friends had a go at pulling it out.

Damages:
some scratches to headstock
owie my nose
owie my reputation on this website

thank you all for accompanying me on this journey, Im still kinda mad that one bit cost me 8 bucks, will let everyone know if it happens again.

Latest posts

')