Heres the full scoop on the jackson 7s at namm

• Thread starter 7STRINGWARRIOR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vigil785

Reaction score
I know that's why he's using the TRS, but why would they put the superior bridge on the import? :lol: Why not stick with the TRS on the cheap(er) guitar?

The way I understand it is: The guy that was making the LO-TRS Pro (Takuechi I think) died and there is an issue halting production due to owner rights or something. The RC7X was supposed to have the same bridge that the USA RC7 has but due to the circumstances they are getting the OFR type to ensure they dont run out of the other ones for the USA model. I heard that the Takuechi trems were petty high quality though.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
*writes down another booth to check out at NAMM*

Very cool!

troyguitar

Reaction score
Off-topic, but Takuechi trems in general are pretty high quality. The jt-580LP on many import Jacksons is made by them and has always worked great for me. I think they also made the trem on the RG7420, and mine works perfectly and actually has a better feel than an OFR to me.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The TRS trems get a bad rap because for awhile the only TRS trems in use were low-end models, such as the Lo-TRS II. If set-up properly, a quality TRS should be able to hold it's own against an OFR and similar trems.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A 7 String Jackson Soloist @ 1200 would be ideal. My old soloist 6'er was the best and my fav guitar. However I have a feeling they'll put EMGs in there which is no prob cuz I'm a huge fan of blackouts.

:metal:

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
A 7 String Jackson Soloist @ 1200 would be ideal. My old soloist 6'er was the best and my fav guitar. However I have a feeling they'll put EMGs in there which is no prob cuz I'm a huge fan of blackouts.

:metal:

For this month anyway. :fawk:

:taunt:

:nlb:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
$1200 would be a great price point, but if it's rosewood like the SL3 I'll be pretty disappointed. The ESP Horizon 7 Standard Series isn't too much more money and is an incredible piece. Not to mention all the neck-thru Agiles you can get for $600.

Hopefully it'll be something nice to compete with the RG1527s of the world.

troyguitar

Reaction score
$1200 would be a great price point, but if it's rosewood like the SL3 I'll be pretty disappointed. The ESP Horizon 7 Standard Series isn't too much more money and is an incredible piece. Not to mention all the neck-thru Agiles you can get for $600.

Hopefully it'll be something nice to compete with the RG1527s of the world.

The ESP costs almost 50% more and only comes in lame black with a TOM bridge.

C-PIG

Reaction score
I am a jackson fan but i would take the ESP over any jackson import any day of the week.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If it has a TOM, colour me interested (once I can try it out for how the neck feels)

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
According to Chris Cannella of Jackson, all new Jackson 7's will be Floyd-equipped. I remember something about all of 'em having EMG's as well.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
According to Chris Cannella of Jackson, all new Jackson 7's will be Floyd-equipped. I remember something about all of 'em having EMG's as well.

Make a Jackson Kelly with floyd and I'll start thinking about selling a liver :ugh:

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Is it only gonna be an SL3 model? Id KILL for an SLSMG 7 string Soloist. I still dont have the 6 string version but i want that one too. A 7 string version of it would be icing on my 7 string cake :D

Damn i now have to rethink my next 7. This or one of the new Agiles...

deadcricket

Reaction score
Is it only gonna be an SL3 model? Id KILL for an SLSMG 7 string Soloist. I still dont have the 6 string version but i want that one too. A 7 string version of it would be icing on my 7 string cake :D

Damn i now have to rethink my next 7. This or one of the new Agiles...

I've been considering an Agile, but since I've never played one and I loved my DKMG 6er.. Well, I'm going to wait until these come out, I think.

Or, I'll cave and get both. I've never heard of a limit to the number of 7s a person can own.

')