Hermansson Amps Megathread

• Thread starter USMarine75
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Another super quick one with an Ibanez m80m and my modded Mesa, showing how it does with the Meshuggah tones. It is more Meshuggah than the Fortin Meshuggah that I had

This is straight in with no boost. Tightness on full, gain at about 3:00.

I will have mic’d clips coming soon!!

Hollleeeeeh fffuuuu...

Yep. It Meshuggahs better. The Fortin had neutered bass. This has that ooomph while being tight. I'm surprised the Recto sub-lows are still there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hollleeeeeh fffuuuu...

Yep. It Meshuggahs better. The Fortin had neutered bass. This has that ooomph while being tight. I'm surprised the Recto sub-lows are still there.

Thanks man, yeah honestly it dials in for 8 strings perfectly

I thought that one was a bit muffled. This one shows the in the room sound a lottt better than the last one

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Quick riffing with my Hermansson Marshall and Majesty 7 w/ Bareknuckle Ragnoraks. In this vid I am using my trusty BOSS GE10 in front of the amp, just liiiiiiiiightly boosting the 1hz/2hz region (about 3-4db), but im not pulling any other frequencies, since the amp does not need any high pass. I also pulled the presence back to about 10:00 and gain is about a hair less than noon.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
How would one realistically go about sourcing one of these? That tone is fuckin UNREAL.

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How would one realistically go about sourcing one of these? That tone is fuckin UNREAL.

Hermansson Amplification
info@hermanssonamplification.com

Honestly, I just emailed him and told him what I wanted and he did it. He sourced my Marshall, and I sent him the Mesa. He is in Sweden though so keep that in mind. If you are looking to get something done, it's better to get him to source the amp. The reason I did the Mesa was that I got extremely lucky on a 2 Channel Rev G for dirt cheap.

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
Hermansson Amplification
info@hermanssonamplification.com

Honestly, I just emailed him and told him what I wanted and he did it. He sourced my Marshall, and I sent him the Mesa. He is in Sweden though so keep that in mind. If you are looking to get something done, it's better to get him to source the amp. The reason I did the Mesa was that I got extremely lucky on a 2 Channel Rev G for dirt cheap.
Thanks for the info man. Location may be an issue as I'm located in the states.. How much to ship a head overseas these days? LOL

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. Location may be an issue as I'm located in the states.. How much to ship a head overseas these days? LOL
he can help you with a shipping quote, I am in Canada. For me it was the same for shipping for my modded Marshall from Sweden as it was for my Fortin Meshuggah from Holly, Michigan

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Trying to cope something closer to these Larry tones

I know mine is brighter but that’s more from the SD Alpha, I don’t have a JB guitar these days, which I really should. In the room the gain structure really feels like it could definitely get there (edit, lowered the presence for this one)

Last edited:

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hermanomyth AKA the Mullet (Hermansson in the front, Monomyth in the back)

Shea Monomyth slightly modded my Hermansson. Added a new FX LOOP, killswitch (gain boost), storm switch (3 way response)

this amp is absolutely perfect now. The gain boost is subtle but exactly what it needed, just adds a touch more punch and bite, hard to describe other than it feels like it completes the circuit.

The storm switch makes it remind of my old Butterslax in left position, stock is middle, and right is dark and smooth. Between that and the punch 3-way switch the amp already has it can pretty much get any tone I want.

rMIGIqv

otML0bY

jPE2ABn

I’ll post a crappy clip of it soon but honestly this thing is insane and now more brutal than before with more low end, so it has something for everybody

Last edited:

Rayaus

Reaction score
Anyone know the best way to contact Henric about a potential build these days? I've reached out through the email posted earlier in this thread and Facebook, but haven't had a response in over a week.

I imagine that he's super busy given how popular his amps seem to be getting, but just wondering if anyone had experience getting in touch with him recently. I'd really like to get on a waitlist for a Hermansson soon.

')