Hevisaurus (childrens' metal)

• Thread starter King Ian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Ian

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

raximkoron

Reaction score
Yeah, our society here in the states would be too afraid to have a heavy/power metal band aimed at the "impressionable youth." Too bad.

bigreddestroyer

Reaction score
I don't think the UK would be up for this either, the music here is way too R'n'B-ish unfortunately, plus the media's (radio and tv) are too uptight to play this sorta stuff :(

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I actually like the second one! I dont understand the lyrics but the music doesnt sounds like stuff just for kids.I like the power/folk metal mix! Light years better than Hannah Montana :lol:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
This is pretty funny. I guess the finnish kids love this. Better than Barney.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
its amusing, but to be honest, I wouldn't want my child growing up on Metal.

I would be somewhat worried for anyone under 12 listening to say...Cannibal Corpse. Metal at the surface is still negative and I don't think the average metal head makes a good role model. I would rather have my kid grow up normally and discover it own his own when he's older.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Somebody say children's metal?

I give you.....KIDEO

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

My brain hurts after reading the comments though, in particular this:

A Ratard Who No Write Engrish Good said:
my dad new these guys well he new the guitarist and the drummer and dudes he said that when they were in his band back in the day they were really good and now they do this thats just sad right now im a musician its a gene from my dad i guess i can say and im good and im not gonna turn out like this let me point this out that any out there dont turn out like this please cuz my dad says that it is a shame cuz they were good when they were in his band and now look at them... sad

This makes the grammar nazi inside of me rage! My favorite part, the only punctuation he uses in that entire diatribe is an ellipse... at the very end. :spock:

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
The tunes sound fine as instrumentals, but I don't understand a word said and all I get is this Lazy Town pedo vibe from the vocalist.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score

I would be somewhat worried for anyone under 12 listening to say...Cannibal Corpse. Metal at the surface is still negative and I don't think the average metal head makes a good role model. I would rather have my kid grow up normally and discover it own his own when he's older.

I disagree but I see your point :)

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Also: That big yellow guy at the end of the Kideo video (lol) sounds like he has Down's Syndrome :ugh:

Reminds me of the American Dad episode about the rapture :lol: Slow Janitor: "Urrr...I nevor acturlly gave moisef to jezus..." :rofl:

That Kideo band is the shit though, I'll find some CD's and play them when I have kids!

metalmachine

Reaction score
my little girl turns 2 in august and like entombed and pantera a lot plaus others.
i used to sing her to sleep with megadeth songs when she was real tiny.

that being said she also likes kiddie songs and pop songs and what ever makes here wanna move

raximkoron

Reaction score

I understand your point, but I suppose it does depend on the genre itself. Of course most death/black is negative and rather obscene for younger audiences. Genres like Power Metal though (like Hevisaurus), seem to be more about geek/nerd culture, historical ramblings and/or general story telling which seems rather appropriate for the age group IMO.

')