Hey Donnie... Look at THIS JP!

• Thread starter The Dark Wolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Shawn said:
That is pretty nice, if it was a 7, it would be even better. :agreed: I really like the scuplted body on these JP 7s. Nice find, TDW.:yesway:
plus it makes them so comfortable to play!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not big on that colour but AHHH the quilt!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
They're asymmetrical because they have two adjustment screws on the bass side and one on the treble side. Carvin has used that arrangement for ages. Three mounting points make the pickups less likely to "rock" in their mounts, and also gives you more precise control over the tilt of the pickup, so you can keep both sets of poles equidistant from the strings.

BC Rich was doing it before Carvin.

This guitar is a prime reason for me to hate EBMM. If they made a JP7 with a body like this, I would own one. I just can't deal with basswood, no matter how damn nice the thing plays.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
The short scale proto has been scrapped, this is the official word from Big Poppa himself!
:agreed:

darren said:
Those plastic pickup mounts really spoil the look of the guitar. Granted, they probably do a good job of stabilizing the pickups in their cavities, but they really look awful.
An awesome guitar like that and you complain about the pickup mounting rings? C'mon.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It kinda bugs me too, Bob - it's like, when you get that close to being gorgeous, the little things that throw it off suddenly seem quite big.

I understand the technical reasons for it, but you'd think they could make it slightly less god-awful, you know?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
An awesome guitar like that and you complain about the pickup mounting rings? C'mon.

I do when it throws off the look and balance of the entire top of the guitar. It's like a big pimple on the nose of the prom queen: I can't look at anything else.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
My Washburn had asymmetrical rings...I had them changed back to standard. It's just too hard to find pups with three mounting tabs or to make them have three tabs.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:
I do when it throws off the look and balance of the entire top of the guitar. It's like a big pimple on the nose of the prom queen: I can't look at anything else.
+1

Freddie

aka zEr0
Reaction score
I don't think the pup rings look THAT bad... I just can't stand the fugly JP inlays. They make me wanna vomit :noway:

I wonder what the pick-ups are?

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
It kinda bugs me too, Bob - it's like, when you get that close to being gorgeous, the little things that throw it off suddenly seem quite big.

I understand the technical reasons for it, but you'd think they could make it slightly less god-awful, you know?
Maybe you guys are just too picky? :fawk:

Personally, I think they look just fine, and the guitar is awesome, in spite of, because of, or irrespective of the pickup mounting rings. Geez you guys! There's no pleasing some people I suppose. :lol:

My 02 Drachmas, good people.

FoxMustang

Reaction score
If they made that in a 7 I'd buy one. Not that keen on the pickups (I don't really dig the "cover" look), but I'm a sucker for trans quilt tops.

Latest posts

')