Hey. guys im new here and i just bought a RG 2027 xvv!!!!

• Thread starter mxer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol:

Due to his incessant bridge pickup whoring, TDW is probably the single most experienced authority on bridge seven string pickups I know. Welcome to sevenstring.org, we're full of guys like this. :D

FWIW, I don't find the Blaze terribly scooped (I play one in a PWH), and actually as mahogany is a fairly middy wood anyway, something with a slight scoop to it actually works pretty well. About the one thing TDW DIDN'T say was that prior to getting a Drop-7, the Blaze was the bridge pickup he kept coming back to (or was it a Blaze Custom, bro?).

Either way, if you want a Petrucci vibe, AN/D7 is the way to go. Short of getting the custom pickups out of an EBMM JP7 (pricey, Dimarzio doesn't sell them, and I've seen the occasional set pulled from a JP7 go for several hundred before), this is your best bet.

Oh, and the AN7 taps VERY well - it has a warm, snappy, strat-like vibe to it. I was seriously impressed by it split in my old 7620 (wired up with a 3-way and coil tap a la a JS serieS)

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
FWIW, I don't find the Blaze terribly scooped (I play one in a PWH), and actually as mahogany is a fairly middy wood anyway, something with a slight scoop to it actually works pretty well. About the one thing TDW DIDN'T say was that prior to getting a Drop-7, the Blaze was the bridge pickup he kept coming back to (or was it a Blaze Custom, bro?).

Either way, if you want a Petrucci vibe, AN/D7 is the way to go. Short of getting the custom pickups out of an EBMM JP7 (pricey, Dimarzio doesn't sell them, and I've seen the occasional set pulled from a JP7 go for several hundred before), this is your best bet.

Oh, and the AN7 taps VERY well - it has a warm, snappy, strat-like vibe to it. I was seriously impressed by it split in my old 7620 (wired up with a 3-way and coil tap a la a JS serieS)
Agreed on all counts.

It was the Blaze Bridge, Drew. Probably my all-time favorite pickup. ;) (The DS7 I like a tad better now, but I've played that a mere few weeks compared to years with the Blaze.)

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the Piezo 7 club. (Why can't we have clubs on here? That'd rock :metal: )

Speaking of which... maybe I'll put down the RR with the T-No and pick up my RG2127X and play around today.