Hey i believe i have just been converted but....

• Thread starter stevevaijr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevevaijr

Reaction score
hey you guys i want to get a seven string guitar (my arm was twisted by my friend) he mentioned it and i was like "is the ibanez universe still in production" and yeah well to the pint is there anywhere i could find a universe guitar... and yeah well this site has sucessfully caused me to want to be adventurous

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome: Thomann and musicstore.de should have them but they're expensive!

Dnasurfer

Reaction score
usually the jemsite.com forum has some pop from time to time, also rich from ibanezrules.com is another, ebay has them also...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i guess i would like to get my hands on an older one but a newer one would do just fine too

Your best bet is to look for an older one. I've owned a bunch of UV's and the necks are better on the older ones, in my opinion. My favorite models are the UV7BK (I've currently got one) and the UV77GR. The UV7BK is the only guitar that i've sold, then said "Fuck, I'm stupid!" and bought another one.

The UV7BK's are awesome guitars, you can usually get them for around a grand on the 'bay, and a bit less on jemsite.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Get an old universe second hand. They absolutely rock the socks off everything!

This man speaks the truth. Although my 7 string playing goes back years, a visit to James' last year sent my Universe GAS sky high. The only guitars I now own are a UV7PWH and a UV777PBK. Of the two the UV7PWH (the old white one) is by far the nicer guitar, though I love them both.

jsebek

Guitar Freak
Reaction score
I actually love the neck profile of the UV777PBK, but I haven't tried the older ones to compare so can't say whether I like them more, but I think the neck on the newer Universes feel great also, mine is a 2000 model.

stevevaijr

Reaction score
thank you for the advice you guys i am going to look for a second hand universe and yeah thank you for the welcomes thank you

')