Hey,I got a question

• Thread starter Stretchnutz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stretchnutz

The Destroyer
Reaction score
I posted this over at the Ibanez forums also,

Hey hows it going Im Stretchnutz, and i'm new here and had a question which has prolly already been answered, but anyways....I am in the process of buying a Ibanez RG7321 and wanted to know if I should replace my bridge pickup? I like bands such as Unearth,Chimira, and KillSwitch Engage, and I dont really use my neck pickup so im not worried about that, and I almost always have my dist. on. So is the bridge pickup that comes stock ok or should i upgrade? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Stretch

btw, this is gunna be my 1st 7 string guitar and im very excited!:rocker:

lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i like Blazes a lot. they say the Evo sounds badass ins basswood too.

i've not used the Evo, but with a blaze in a basswood body, its easy to get your steve vai &/or Morbid Angel going on.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. And I've heard Blaze necks make some schweet bridge pickups for tight, focused riffs. I've got a Blaze Custom in my 7621 and get some great "metalcore" type tones.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
definately upgrade.

:agreed:

i've replaced two pairs of the stock RG7xxx pickups. in one, i put in a Blaze Custom bridge / Air Norton 7 neck, in the other, Evo7 bridge / Blaze Neck neck. both guitars sound great! i think i like the Evo7/BN combo better, as the Evo7 seems to be a bit more like the Tone Zone 6, which i LOVE (note; don't get the Tone Zone 7, it's widely accepted to being equivilant to a turd). the BC/AN gives a warmer tone, but is still quite modern sounding.

')