HEY SANTIAGO!

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
Open Close the Box??? lol!

I knew Masvidal was somehow related to Aghora but I don't think Santiago sounds much like him, his sound is pretty unique as far as I can tell. I heard someone who vaguely sounded like Santiago the other day but I can't really remember the name now.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Open Close the Box??? lol!

I knew Masvidal was somehow related to Aghora but I don't think Santiago sounds much like him, his sound is pretty unique as far as I can tell. I heard someone who vaguely sounded like Santiago the other day but I can't really remember the name now.

You think so? I can definitely hear Masvidal's influence in there, especially in the phrasing department...

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! Actually to be honest with you I took only a handful of lessons with Paul when I was 15. We worked on Standards, playing over changes, 12 bar blues. Not much Chops or phrasing to be honest. Paul is great player and a influence when it came to music as a whole more so than on guitar.
Santiago

Carrion

Et tu, Brute?
Reaction score
Thanks! Actually to be honest with you I took only a handful of lessons with Paul when I was 15. We worked on Standards, playing over changes, 12 bar blues. Not much Chops or phrasing to be honest. Paul is great player and a influence when it came to music as a whole more so than on guitar.
Santiago

Quick question Santiago, was Paul himself self-taught, or did he take lessons?

')