Hey.

• Thread starter Warpticon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Warpticon

Reaction score
I've beeen browsing this board at random for months, and figured I might as well join, in spite of the fact that I don't own and have never played a 7 (and currently don't own any guitars--unemployement sucks). A bit about me.

Name's Chris. My artist name is Sir Real. I'm known on the internet mostly as Warpticon. Hear my one incomplete song at http://www.myspace.com/brusirreal

Started messing with music when I was 18 (technically 17, but my birthday is 9 days after Christmas, when I got my first guitar). Picked up bass about a year later. Wanted to get a do-everything type of band, but the absence of available drummers led to a hiphop-centric outlook. I'm a lefty, and I blame my mom restringing my first guitar for the difficulty in finding instruments I have today. :lol:

Started off with a group called Bru. That's still the main group, though the current situation is that two members moved away, while two stayed local, so now we work separately. The guys in Orlando are Superiority Complex, and my group is Juggernaut Glitch.

I rap, sing in the Hendrix feel-out-the-words sense, produce/compose, play guitar and bass, dabble in drums, and fiddle with various other things with widely variant levels of proficiency. I'm in the process of finishing the Juggernaut Gitch album, which has taken entirely too long for a number of reasons--not the least of which is that all our material to date is stuck on a computer that's been broken since october of last year.

As a music listener, I'm the cliche guy who "listens to everything," except that I actually listen to a bit of everything I've come across. The least compatible genre I've found to date is probably bluegrass. And pretty much anything that I hear and like, I want to make myself. As such, my favorite music artist of all time is probably Yoko Kanno, because the broad is absolutely broken. Big on funk (

Other things I move include:

Transformers (Until I had to start selling a bunch to make ends meet, I estimated I owned about 1300)
Capoeira (fun, awesome to watch, and the best workout ever)
Video games, primarily music/rhythm games and fighting games
Animation in general, with a faint emphasis on the japanese stuff due to sheer volume
Music, of course
I'm a tech geek. Love gadgets, though I'm utilitiarian about them.
Starting to get into photography...which is quite a feat with no camera.
I like hats, and have aroung fifty of them.

Did I leave anything out? Probably, since I'm ADD to death.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

I hope you're able to get yourself a new guitar soon.

Warpticon

Reaction score
:welcome:

I hope you're able to get yourself a new guitar soon.

You and me both. :lol: Thanks for the warm welcome. Way I see it, I have two weeks before the anniversary of my life falling into hell. After that, things should be peachy. :lol: I'm actually going to cross my fingers and hope the pawn shop hasn't put out my stuff and will sell it back to me relatively cheap. :lol:

Here was my family:

family1.jpg

Of those, all I have left is the black jazz bass, and it's in pieces right now as part of a mod project I never actually got anywhere with due to being broke.

Alex

Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome aboard, Chris. :wavey:

Lee

Above
Contributor
Reaction score
All of your guitars are backwards :squint:

Just kidding. I'm a lefty too :D Welcome aboard :wavey:

')