Heya

• Thread starter Chris Finster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Finster

Reaction score
I usually write other types of music but since i bought a seven ive been trying to write new material with it.

So here's the first thing. Chris Finster - Core Breach by FInster on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Im realizing i dont have the Meshuggah and all the other bands mentioned here's influences in my repertoire. So it may sound a bit dated lol. I think my fav guitar player is probably Trey Azagoth if that tells you anything lol.

Anyways..

Chain on guitar = Digidesign Eleven > Apex Exciter > La3a > Kramer Tape Emulation ( i wish i had an axe fx :rolleyes: )

Bass is DI = 1176 > EQ (115hz cut) >1176 > Waves Rbass (42hz boost) > Kramer Tape

Drums are Superior Drummer = SSL Compressor > Kramer Tape.

Cheers for any review or critique or anything, its my first real go at making a downtuned thing sound "brutal" from home. -Chris

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Finster

Reaction score
@Bugrasis . Thanks Bruh...i listened to your stuff by the way, i think its fine and well, but maybe try a bus compressor across the 2 bus to glue your elements together. Seemed like the mix needed to pump a bit. Cool DT type parts though even if they are a bit rudimentary.

Chris Finster

Reaction score
hell i didnt even get a hello on the welcome to 7s.org page. You guys im gonna hang here for a good while and help, at least gimme a review lol.

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
it's pretty cool, I think the kick is too high frequency, something sounds similarly strange with the snare when the drums sort of kick off towards the beginning, I could see this music working well with screaming over it

a pretty great job on the mix overall though, close to approaching a studio metal recording

Chris Finster

Reaction score
it's pretty cool, I think the kick is too high frequency, something sounds similarly strange with the snare when the drums sort of kick off towards the beginning, I could see this music working well with screaming over it

a pretty great job on the mix overall though, close to approaching a studio metal recording

Dont like that midrangey kick huh? Most ppl have the boost from from 6k up through to 12k. I put mine at 2.2. More of a "knock" than a "smack". Im actually diggin it, its different. And i wonder what constitutes a "studio metal recording" ?

Is there a standard volume one must meet? Does it need to sound a certain way to make this grade? I love the sound of the South of Heaven record...but by todays standards it probably wouldnt be branded a studio metal grade record would it. Matter of opinion i suppose huh?

')