Hi-Fi PickUps

woland

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for a really hi-fi (think Tuck Andress tone) pair of pickups for my custom 6 string guitar, tuned in fifths (low C).
I've currently a set of QTuners 2.0 but they are totally different than the previous ones, and they are not making a huge difference.
Lace Alumitones, maybe? Are comparable to the Qtuners 1.0 in terms of high end content?

The Bartolini TXE is another option no longer made, but I would prefer something new and if possible I would like to not implement an active electronic, even if it's not a big deal.

If you have any suggestion…

Thanks!
f

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuglue

Reaction score
I had a set of deathbucker pickups and found that they really covered all frequencies well. Could definitelyhandle low ttunings without mud.
Just got a pair of q tuner pickups, the version one model's buy haven't installed them yet

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
I'm gonna second the Lace option. I've owned and played on a bunch of different Lace pickups, and Hi-fi is one word I would use to describe most, if not all of them. There is a reason their tagline is "It's like HDTV for your guitar".

woland

Reaction score
I had a set of deathbucker pickups and found that they really covered all frequencies well. Could definitelyhandle low ttunings without mud.
Just got a pair of q tuner pickups, the version one model's buy haven't installed them yet

Hi,
I'm looking for QTuners V1. If you'll ever want to sell/trade, let me know!

woland

Reaction score
I think the best way would be for me to hear a chromatic scale with the guitar direct, with no amp…
For now the Alumitones seems an option.

cip 123

Reaction score
I'd go with Alumitones as well, I've got a set in my Warmoth Tele and a Deathbucker in my Superstrat, the standard Alumitones are more versatile as well, you can control them a lot more with the volume knob on your guitar and go from full gain to crunch and clean without touching your amp.