Hi from Australia.. soon to be a UV7 owner

• Thread starter ibanezfreak777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
Thought id introduce myself... Im a long time member of Jemsite, and only just ghosted ss.org for a while

Been playing guitar for almost 20 years, and am currently in a band writing original music (Metal) ;)

My most recent claim to fame is getting to Jam with Steve Vai on stage which probably got me gassing for the UV

I just pulled the trigger on a near mint UV7 Silver Dot... yet to arrive

I own many rare Ibanez guitars, but never a Universe or a Jem for that matter..

Pics of the 7 string soon to come...

For now here is my current harem of ladies

IMG_0593.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Wow! Nice guitars, what is the finish on those rgs?

Hi, those are Ibanez J Custom Rg Paint1 and RG Paint 2.... They were created as a set, kinda like Hot and cold.. All factory finishes by some Japanese Artist that Ibanez got in specially for it, and limited to 18 each..

Its a technique of multiple layers of paint and then sanding back parts of the finish which shows the colors underneath etc... interacts nicely with UV lights also..

I love em :)

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Wow.. well if you ever want to sell them... let me know ;)
Those are seriously amazing

Reaction score
Some old family shots...
Will update them when i get my new UV7 and im also waiting on another USA Custom :p

abae4e21.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

In this shot you can see when I had 2 of the same blue Paints, that they are different, as they are hand done :p

IMG_0096.jpg

Beowulf Von Thrashmeister

Reaction score
Those RG`s are simply stunning, how did you get that effect on guitars in the top photo ? :)

The world needs more colourful guitars like this !!!. :metal:

Reaction score
Those RG`s are simply stunning, how did you get that effect on guitars in the top photo ? :)

The world needs more colourful guitars like this !!!. :metal:

Yeah im a big believer in more colorfull guitars.. You can still play metal and enjoy color :p

The finishes on those rgs you talk of are a factory made J Custom. Some Artist Ibanez got to make 18 only of each color. Basically its paint with 3 different colors and then sanded back showing the otehr colors underneath and clear coated... Also interacts with UV lights... I should do a photo shoot with UV lights soon...

Cheers

')