Hi from metalmaiden

• Thread starter metalmaiden
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalmaiden

Reaction score
Hello,

:hbang:

Well I posted here on these forums to get some responses to easy metal songs to learn (I know it's an oxymoron). Everyone here seems awesome and helpful though so I've decided to stay to talk about music and learn from all of you (who I assume are also awesome guitar players).

I know this is 'sevenstring.org' and I don't have a seven string guitar but hey, I have to learn six strings first.

My dream guitar is an Ibanez RGD2127Z Prestige
I currently have an American Fender Stratocaster and a crapass amp that I got for cheap but it sounds loud enough to hear my crappy playing.

I consider myself a total beginner and haven't been playing for very long at all. I can read tablature but want to learn to play by ear. I can play a bunch of riffs but no songs the whole way through (unless we count some acoustic songs with just chords that I can sing and play). I know how to alternate pick, palm mute, bend, chug out some power chords, and tune my guitar. :lol:

I'm young lady from New England and well a total metalhead (hence the name).
I enjoy other styles of music as well including: classic rock, grunge, blues, progressive, industrial, jazz, and classical.

If you have anymore suggestions to add to my practice list please do:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/beginners-faq/232327-just-starting-out-songs-learn.html

:bowdown: Please help me learn sensei's.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to SSO! There's quite a few new england members here (myself included!).

lawizeg

Reaction score
Hey! I don't know what artists you're specifically into, but 'djent' type songs and/or metalcore would be easier than metal like BTBAM or Opeth or Dream Theater.
I'm not that skilled and am learning Reshape Reason by Elitist & Dunes by Scale the Summit.

Breeze by Bulb is an easy one, sans the solo.

Lol I know zero songs anymore, I wish I could help you. I devote too much time to just practice and playing.

')