Hi! Intro&Help

• Thread starter IshidaMon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IshidaMon

SE7EN or E8T?
Reaction score
Hi,:wavey:
I'm Jayms been playin the git-fiddle for around 4 years on-off and nopw starting to get my act together.

I'm lookin at getting my first seven string, i have two in mind both ibbys as i'm an Ibanez guy thru&thru, one is the RGA7 and the other the S7420, i like the s in the teal colour but i can only find plain black ones here in the U.K:wallbash:.

I've looked into the RGA7 and can really only see two issues that most have one being that it's muddy and it runs on 2 AA's over a 9V.

Any helpd would be brilliant and i look forward to getting into Sevens!

On another note i'm also lookin at the RGA8. gotta love that low end!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
:welcome: Are you talking about the older Japan-made 22fret S7420 or the new 2010 Indonesian-made 24-fret S7420?

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I've only seen the 2010 S7420 in Black. The older Japanese ones came in Black Pearl and that twilight teal color.

IshidaMon

SE7EN or E8T?
Reaction score
the rga8 is lookin the most likely atm, After The Burial and meshuggah are in my to learn list XD

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
If you're able to find one on a guitar store shelf and are able to play it, please do before you purchase it. I bought an RG2228 and had to sell it shortly after b/c the neck was too wide for my left hand. It caused a shooting pain to go down my wrist, and as much as I loved the sound, I plan on being a musician for a long time and pain like that is a clear indicator to walk away for me. Your mileage may vary though.

IshidaMon

SE7EN or E8T?
Reaction score
i've actually played on the RGA8 at my local shop and while it's vastly different to my old 6 string john 5 squier it was actually really nice to play.

')