Hi, Nick from Vinculum Terminatii here (melodic doom act from Rhode Island)

• Thread starter Brutalnet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brutalnet

Hyperharmonized.
Reaction score
Hey there people. Nicolas from Vinculum Terminatii here. I've been a hack/hobbyist for about 20 years.

Like many, I started on bass in high school and have just messed around since. I sang for the brutal death metal band GORATORY in 2000-2001.

While in GORATORY I formed what was originally a joke grind act called F**KFEST which got a touch more serious. We did one 11-song EP called "275,000 WAYS TO VIOLATE YOUR ORIFICES". The 'fest will actually be playing a "reunion" show at New England Hardcore and Metal Festival in Mass in August 2009.

After leaving GORATORY I began playing melodic doom metal under the flag PROCESSION OF MOURNING on my own. It afforded me the luxury of working musically on my own without compromise.

Realizing that PUDDLE OF MUDD had the same initials, I changed the name of the act to VINCULUM TERMINATII, and have been messing around with that since. The music is heavily layered and melodic, and I refer to it as "HYPERHARMONIZED MELODIC DOOM METAL" due to the fact that at times there are 5, 6, or more part harmonies on the material.

I wasn't really very serious about VT until about 2004-2005 when I started putting more into the music. Under moderate pressure from fans of my current material, I released an EP called "OMNIS DECIDO". The EP featured demos of songs that are to appear on my first full-length 15 song CD "FOREVER. THE END." FTE will be released this year by Florida label NOKTURNAL TRANSMISSIONS.

I've been tuning down since about 1993. My main guitar at the time was an ESP Custom Shop that I bought from a guy while in college. I experimented with stringing very heavily and tuned as low as an entire octave down, of course producing a very different, and very heavy sound.

In 2006 I found out about the availability of the Schecter C-1EX Blackjack Baritone, and purchased one. Soon after I found out about ESP's MHB400 baritone electric with a slightly longer scale than the Schecter. I liked the Shec. but realized that I was able to tune the ESP lower with better string tension, so I bought the ESP and sold the Schecter.

Although I was aware of 7-string availability, I always found that the fretboards were a bit too thick for my liking. I then discovered Rondo Music's Agile AB3500 Baritone 6-string with an even longer scale (28") and purchased a transparent green one. Not intended as a replacement for the ESP, the guitar allowed me to keep a guitar in F# or G (The Agile), while keeping the ESP in B. The Agile's neck radius is much fatter and is not as comfortable to play as the ESP, but is still a remarkable instrument for the money (about $500 with hardshell case)

In a perpetual search for an acoustic able to be tuned this low, and coming up short, I decided to restring my Guitar Imports TGX Acoustic-Electric 6-string to B, and have actually had decent luck with it, despite it being tuned substantially lower than it was designed to be.

I went to Full Sail Center For The Recording Arts in Florida for college, and currently work for a major consumer electronic firm, while doing PC repair on the side.

Other than my undying lust for short blonde women, there isn't a whole lot more to mention for now.

That's me. Nice to meet you. Give my music a listen if you get a chance. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gaucho

Reaction score
Now that's a proper intro. I feel like I know you better than myself ;) hehe

welcome!

Reaction score
You may want to change the text of the link to say the name of the band, at least that's what i was looking for not a genre name.

')