Hi!

• Thread starter natra_vedrov
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi @all!
I'm new to this site. I have been visiting ss.org now and then for years, but now I'm more often here and decided to register.
After playing some years with "periferija" from Hamburg(I know, that's Russian for "periphery" and I even discovered 2 more "peripheries" in Siberia and none sound alike! :D) I'm working on my own band and material, so I need this forum more than ever, it's been really helpful so far.
I've been playing 7strings for 5 years or so, I am learning to play the guitar right for maybe 13 years by now. If I am to describe my music I would say it's somewhere between post-rock and maybe a little jazz.
My main guitar is a RG 1527, the old dark green edition, bought it over ebay and spent a long time repairing it. However the guitar is ok now and I am really enjoying it. If I were to buy a guitar now it would be a fan-fretted Agile thanks to this forum :)

BTW did you know that they produced acoustic 7strings in USSR? They were availible in equal quantities as the 6strings and were built according to the same industrial standards. It was back in the days when there were officially no electric guitars and rock bands in the USSR, but they were there there and built their own equipment, some workers from the guitar-factories even equipped their apartments with professional workbenches to produce guitars they labeled "FendYr", "GibsEn" and so on :D I cannot help but admire their DIY-spirit ;)
Unfortunately I haven't found out about these 7's tuning, repertoire and artists, maybe there is someone here, who knows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts

')