High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)

• Thread starter pestilentdecay
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I used to do it about two years ago when I was running on an eliptical. Would do 5 minutes of straight balls-to-the-walls intensity, then alternate every minute between jogging pace and BTTW and it definitely helped me increase me mile time. I started out around 12, maybe 13 minutes and got it down to around the under 10 minute mark.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I call them sprints, but whatever you want to call it, I don't do it. Cardio is the enemy. :squint:

On a more serious note, it's far more effective in fat burning than just jogging or running. Not to mention, it boosts your cardiovascular strength really well.

Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Baritone sixes
Reaction score
In a way, yes. I live in the countryside so I do a lot of running along paths through fields. I used to run every other field at full on pace, and then the others at normal pace.

I'm only just getting back into it now though.

Defi

Reaction score
I'm still happy with just gaining mass but once I have more free time I'm going to try cutting carbs and incorporating some HIIT stuff. I will be doing them with sprints and farmers walks.

Also I have given tabata kettlebell swings a try a few times... I haven't made it past 3 minutes yet hah.

Bevo

Reaction score
Mmmmmm bodyrocktv.com

This really works and not much needed for equipment, this is more toning and overall strength while staying lean. As a cardio guy I do this twice a week just to hit the muscles cycling or running does not hit.

Defi

Reaction score
Ya I thought the toning conception died a decade or two ago. There's two changes you can make with exercise: build muscle, or lose fat. Best way to do both is short intense exercise. Only in rare and extreme circumstances can you do both at the same time however (The first few months of someone lifting they can pull it off, but if they want to get strong they're better off eating more and gaining a bit of fat). Cycling isn't going to build strong legs, it will just increase your body's endurance/work capacity or lactic acid crap. I dunno, don't see many runners with physiques that are admirable (sprinters aside).

site works just need to add www in front of it. Sure is lots of eye candy.

Been doing some HIIT with sprints, KB swings, and skipping the past two weeks after finally gaining enough that only one pair of pants fits any more. Time to lean out. I hate this shit. So much. I also miss carbs.

Bevo

Reaction score
BodyRock.Tv | The Worlds Biggest Home Workout Revolution

HIIT can be good or bad depending where you are or want to be, me I don't want or need muscle, its my enemy. I race bikes and I need a minimum of weight, my speed is Watts/weight so if the watts stay the same and my weight changes then I get faster or slower.

HIIT helps to keep me toned and able to open a jar of pickles.
My routine is body weight based on the Bodyrock style, 20 min 3 times a week plus running and cycling on the trainer will get me through the winter.