High quality 7 string for under $1000?

• Thread starter Metalfan220
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Teejay Wise
Reaction score
Dude, I would go with either Agile or check out Halo guitars. You can get a nice Agile in your choice of 25.5 or 27 scale with neck thru construction, ebony or maple fretboard, emgs, and either string thru, hipshot, or floyd rose bridges for about $600-$1000 depending on what options you choice and they have a ton of different color options. Halo has some decent production models on their site right now, but I'm following them on the Ol' Facebook and they have some SEXY looking production models about to launch soon, they are even having a limited run fretless 7 coming out which I am going to be all over personally :D hope this helped a bit

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Meh. Agile is good, but it's not going to be your last guitar (as if such a thing exists...). You'll find them lacking in a lot of ways and wish you'd have just got the Carvin when you had the chance. Don't get me wrong; I loved my Agile 8-string while I was waiting for my Carvin DC800, but the second I played my Carvin I never again opened the Agile case. Ended up just giving it away. Yep. That's how far Carvin is ahead of Agile; leaps and bounds.

MrPowers

Reaction score
I've never had a Carvin so I can't comment,

But I would say, if the debate is between the Hellraiser, Loomis, SLS and ATX series; get any of them but the Hellraiser. They are all very solid guitars. But the latter three are a step above the Hellraiser.

')