Higher-end Explorer

• Thread starter Blitzie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzie

Reaction score
Gear/Guitar Wanted: High-end Explorer
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): Definitely need a case
Your Location (City,State or City,Country): CT, USA
International OK?: No
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM here
References (eBay or other forum userid): lots of smooth transactions here, eBay and Rig-Talk
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): Depends on what guitar is offered

I don't know if this is a thing or not but I'm calling this a 'WTB FEELER' thread.

Sometime in the next few weeks, I will have a little bit of expendable income. I've decided to use said income to purchase my next "forever" guitar. I've got one that I love dearly and I'll never sell and it is now my only guitar. I need to find a second one that I will keep "forever".

I want an Explorer shaped guitar. Ideally, I'm looking for an ESP MXII but I know those are hard to come by. I'd also be open to a Ken Lawrence, if anyone is looking to offload one for a more reasonable price than they've gone for lately. Not likely, but it's worth mentioning. I'd also be open to a "Dethklok" silverburst explorer. I'd also definitely be into an ESP Snakebyte...I might even be interested in the LTD version, if the price is right.
I'm basically just looking to see if anyone has a high-end Explorer to sell.

This thread will exist for a few months so I can gather as many offers as I can. I'd like to point out that even though I may have a little money to spend, that doesn't mean I will OVER spend. I'm looking for a decent deal. It's a buyers market, as you all know. If you're local to me (Connecticut), and I can try out the guitar before considering purchasing it, that's a GIANT advantage.

I don't want a newer Gibson, Epiphone or any one-off "customs". I'm looking for a seriously excellent instrument.

Please PM me or reply to this thread with your offers, if you have any.

Thanks guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
004-94.jpg

003-116.jpg

001-127.jpg

008-60.jpg

009-57.jpg

011-39.jpg

006-81.jpg

007-63.jpg

010-46.jpg

Blitzie

Reaction score
Looks good, although I'm not a huge fan of black guitars. PM me with whatever info you can give me and your asking price and I'll file it away for later use :)

Blitzie

Reaction score
I know it isn't an Explorer, but I think someone here has this and I want it.

Luafcm

Reaction score
I used to have a 2002 Gibson Xplorer Pro. It was a pretty sick high-end explorer if you ask me. I sold it for a Jackson KV2 Select a couple years back. It was a great guitar. The 500T ceramic humbucker in the bridge was huge and crisp sounding. It liked EMG's in it just fine too.
Here's some eye candy of my old toy:

Edit: Notice the body is 75% the size of a typical Gibson Explorer.

Blitzie

Reaction score
I like the more traditional explorer body size but if I had a chance to try one of those out, I'd be curious.

Blitzie

Reaction score
Widening my search to ESPs in general (no floyds) but definitely still looking for an explorer!

')