Hints on how to squeal dimebag or IA style?

• Thread starter Wolfster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murder Soul

Reaction score
Here you go:
But he says something some people should take to heart
Dime said:
The trademark Dimebag squeals

Just make sure you don't do it to much, or people will think your a Dime clone. Too bad, since thats a cool technique. Didn't Vai do some of this too?
Does anyone else use this technique?
I'm afraid to do it because whenever I hear it, I think Dime, and I don't want to be labeled a clone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xk6m6m5X

Reaction score
i do it pretty well acutally...all u gotta do is go down the sring u want pick out all the great harmonics and then dump ur bar pick or pull off the string hit 1 of the great harmoincs...keep in mind when the bar is dumped it may varry in the area very slightly ...lightly tap the harmonic and yank the shit outa the bar...u should be fine...the g seem like its the best for this tech. and if u drop tune id try gettin a wound 18gauge g...just so harmonis r a little easyer

Open Wounds

Reaction score
Tone is a big part of it. You need a pretty heavily distorted and gain-y sound. And mute the strings that aren't supposed to ring. If you're hearing the other strings it won't sound right.

uhhh i know of many people who can squeal on an acoustic or even an electric with no amp. i really hate it when people talk about shit they dont know about...anyways :shred:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
uhhh i know of many people who can squeal on an acoustic or even an electric with no amp. i really hate it when people talk about shit they dont know about...anyways :shred:

Uhhh I really hate it when people say dumb sarcastic shit to our long-standing members. If you have another idea, say so, but keep the insulting tone at home where it belongs, please.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

Funny, I've never seen anyone do Dimebag style harmonics on an acoustic, or an acoustic with a Floyd for that matter. I assume we're talking about the crazy squeels he does when pulling up after a dive?

')