Hipshot 100% RG7X21 replacement bridges(Potential group buy)

• Thread starter Elysian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully you guys will be getting your bridges very soon! I wish we could get another 4 to place another order!

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Yup, I sent out a few PMs to people who've asked about replacement bridges but no responses :( Worth posting on any other forums to see if anyone would be interested?

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, my financial situation has changed and I am going to have to sell my 7 string which means I will have a Hipshot bridge and saddles for sale as soon as I receive it. PM me if interested.

ZackP3750

Reaction score
I just ordered a 7421 as my Christmas present on eBay, and searching for how the stock pups sounded I stumbled on this thread. I won't have the money for some time, as in January I plan on going to Florida and Vermont (6 weeks off from school and I gotta take advantage haha), but would I be able to order one of these in a couple months? This sounds like an awesome deal for a hipshot, and I'm very interested in the brass/stell combo. Also, if someone could post some pics of how it all looks installed (GraphTech or Hipshot saddles) I'd love to take a gander. Thanks!

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I just ordered a 7421 as my Christmas present on eBay, and searching for how the stock pups sounded I stumbled on this thread. I won't have the money for some time, as in January I plan on going to Florida and Vermont (6 weeks off from school and I gotta take advantage haha), but would I be able to order one of these in a couple months? This sounds like an awesome deal for a hipshot, and I'm very interested in the brass/stell combo. Also, if someone could post some pics of how it all looks installed (GraphTech or Hipshot saddles) I'd love to take a gander. Thanks!

It's actually all steel, the saddles are steel as well. Still a big improvement over the stock 7421 bridge. It'll look stock from afar, it's the same footprint as the stock bridge, it's just thicker and higher quality materials. It's also matte black instead of gloss.

ZackP3750

Reaction score
It's actually all steel, the saddles are steel as well. Still a big improvement over the stock 7421 bridge. It'll look stock from afar, it's the same footprint as the stock bridge, it's just thicker and higher quality materials. It's also matte black instead of gloss.

I'd take it nonetheless. I'm always down to do upgrades, and everyone sounds extremely excited for this one, so I'd love to try it out. As long as I can do this in the future, I won't have the money for a little bit but still want this eventually.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
IMG_20101209_182541.jpg

IMG_20101209_182615.jpg

IMG_20101209_182556.jpg

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Pleasant start to my work week = coming in on Monday morning to find my new bridge waiting at my desk. :yesway:

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, my financial situation has changed and I am going to have to sell my 7 string which means I will have a Hipshot bridge and saddles for sale as soon as I receive it. PM me if interested.

After much consideration (and after installing the new bridge and saddles) I've decided NOT to sell my 7 string.

This Hipshot bridge really makes a big difference. There are more highs and they are crisper now. The mids seem to be more or less unaffected (maybe a bit more clear) and the lows feel more solid now. Overall a VERY worthwhile upgrade! I'll try to take some pics as well...

ZackP3750

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm going to have to wait a bit, but this is one upgrade I gotta have.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
After much consideration (and after installing the new bridge and saddles) I've decided NOT to sell my 7 string.

This Hipshot bridge really makes a big difference. There are more highs and they are crisper now. The mids seem to be more or less unaffected (maybe a bit more clear) and the lows feel more solid now. Overall a VERY worthwhile upgrade! I'll try to take some pics as well...

Nice! Great to have real life feedback on this!

Turgon

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First of all, I haven't read the whole thread, just a bunch of pages.

Yesterday I got my "new" seven, a really beaten up RG7621. At the moment I'm cleaning everything to restring her, but I've noticed, that I probably can't get a proper intonation for the low B (or Bb in my case). The screw of the saddle is drilled in to maximum, but my tuner says, it stilled needs some more mm.

Is the hipshot bridge the resolution I'm searching for or do I just need a shorter saddle (despite the fact the guitar will sound much better with the hipshot bridge ;))

If so, can you send a bridge to Europe/Germany?
If not, has anyone an idea, where I can get shorter saddles?

')