Hipshot 100% RG7X21 replacement bridges(Potential group buy)

• Thread starter Elysian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Is the hipshot bridge the resolution I'm searching for or do I just need a shorter saddle (despite the fact the guitar will sound much better with the hipshot bridge ;))

The bridge won't help your intonation problem; that's a saddle issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First of all, I haven't read the whole thread, just a bunch of pages.

Yesterday I got my "new" seven, a really beaten up RG7621. At the moment I'm cleaning everything to restring her, but I've noticed, that I probably can't get a proper intonation for the low B (or Bb in my case). The screw of the saddle is drilled in to maximum, but my tuner says, it stilled needs some more mm.

Is the hipshot bridge the resolution I'm searching for or do I just need a shorter saddle (despite the fact the guitar will sound much better with the hipshot bridge ;))

If so, can you send a bridge to Europe/Germany?
If not, has anyone an idea, where I can get shorter saddles?
Can order one of Hipshot's bridge with 6 standard length saddles and one short saddle, would clear the problem right up plus sound better in the process. Price would be the same.

Turgon

Reaction score
GraphTech makes many different types and sizes of saddles. Check out their site for more information.

By the way, what guage strings are you using?

Atm I have a 10 - 52 + 66 set, but after a complete new setup I have a much better intonation. still not perfect, but I can work with that.

Elysian said:
Can order one of Hipshot's bridge with 6 standard length saddles and one short saddle, would clear the problem right up plus sound better in the process. Price would be the same.

This, sir, sounds awesome. How much is shipping to Germany?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Atm I have a 10 - 52 + 66 set, but after a complete new setup I have a much better intonation. still not perfect, but I can work with that.

This, sir, sounds awesome. How much is shipping to Germany?

It'd be an extra $10.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
1. DaveCarter
2. bond711
3. Loomer
4. maximummetal288
5. guitar_player4_2_0
6. Cobhcxiii
7. Turgon

3 to go.

Shredcow

Mangled Beef
Reaction score
1. DaveCarter
2. bond711
3. Loomer
4. maximummetal288
5. guitar_player4_2_0
6. Cobhcxiii
7. Turgon
8. Shredcow

Günter

Reaction score
Just a short question:

I've got a 7321 with the original bridge (Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RG7321) and it looks like the mounting holes and the holes where the strings go through the bridge on my 7321 don't match the holes in the hipshot bridge.

So my question is: Will I be able to mount this bridge without any modifications? Anyone tried this?

If someone could confirm this I would add myself to the buyers list.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Günter;2257016 said:
Just a short question:

I've got a 7321 with the original bridge (Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RG7321) and it looks like the mounting holes and the holes where the strings go through the bridge on my 7321 don't match the holes in the hipshot bridge.

So my question is: Will I be able to mount this bridge without any modifications? Anyone tried this?

If someone could confirm this I would add myself to the buyers list.

No, your bridge isn't compatible. The Hipshot bridge works only for the last year 7321 and older, before they switched to the new bridge. At the very least you'd have to fill some holes, and I have no idea if the string through holes would line up. Another option may be Graphtech saddles, those look similar to a style saddle Graphtech offers, would need to measure to be sure.

Günter

Reaction score
No, your bridge isn't compatible. The Hipshot bridge works only for the last year 7321 and older, before they switched to the new bridge. At the very least you'd have to fill some holes, and I have no idea if the string through holes would line up. Another option may be Graphtech saddles, those look similar to a style saddle Graphtech offers, would need to measure to be sure.

The saddles are not the problem. The problem with the new 7321 bridge is more that its too thick at the edges so that you can't put your hand on the strings to mute properly. Maybe i will just use some tools to alter the original bridge. The string through holes are completely straight on the new models so that is very unlikely to fit.
Thanks for the fast answer.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Günter;2257074 said:
The saddles are not the problem. The problem with the new 7321 bridge is more that its too thick at the edges so that you can't put your hand on the strings to mute properly. Maybe i will just use some tools to alter the original bridge. The string through holes are completely straight on the new models so that is very unlikely to fit.
Thanks for the fast answer.

One thing you could try is shimming the neck so that you have more of a neck angle, then adjusting the saddles so that they come over the bridge plate.

Wolfster

Reaction score
Hi,

Definitely interested in one of these bridges; they look great. I've got just a few questions first though:

How much would it cost including shipping to the UK?
Is the finish matte black or steel? There are pictures of both in the thread.
Does it come with saddles?

Cheers!

Günter

Reaction score
One thing you could try is shimming the neck so that you have more of a neck angle, then adjusting the saddles so that they come over the bridge plate.

It's worth a try but I'm not sure that it doesn't affect the playability too much... the edges of the bridge are about 1cm high so i would have to raise the saddles by about 5mm. But I guess I've got nothing to loose. ^^
If it doesn't work I can still wait until someone makes an order of bridges for that bridge type.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Definitely interested in one of these bridges; they look great. I've got just a few questions first though:

How much would it cost including shipping to the UK?
Is the finish matte black or steel? There are pictures of both in the thread.
Does it come with saddles?

Cheers!

Matte black, the underside is steel, comes with saddles, international shipping is just 10 more.

Wolfster

Reaction score
1. DaveCarter
2. bond711
3. Loomer
4. maximummetal288
5. guitar_player4_2_0
6. Cobhcxiii
7. Turgon
8. Shredcow
9. Wolfster

Im in fo'sho.

Turgon

Reaction score
hurray! Just one guy more. And I thought, if had to wait aeons!

Elysian, you remember my short saddle? ;)

btw: are new screws included? the original ones look really grotty^^

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
hurray! Just one guy more. And I thought, if had to wait aeons!

Elysian, you remember my short saddle? ;)

btw: are new screws included? the original ones look really grotty^^

Yes, new screws are included.

')