Hipshot bridge not perpendicular on Shecter KM-7

• Thread starter Althos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Althos

Reaction score
Hi, I recently realized that the hipshot bridge wasn't perpendicular to the neck (see picture), and while it seems like it doesn't affect playability and the strings still seem to have normal alignement and spacing, but I was wondering if it was something that could be fixed, and if yes, how expensive it would be, or if there was any risk letting it stay like that

Thanks a lot for your help !

Attachments

• DSC_0112.JPG
    DSC_0112.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 105

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'd be better off returning it via warranty as a "manufacturing defect" than actually fixing it. If it bothers you that much.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
I’d measure from the nut to the edge of the bridge on both sides to check if that’s actually it. I think the pickup route might be what’s crooked

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Sometimes when you screw something down with the first screw, it can twist a little bit, and while the next screw can still be driven in, the items might end up slightly crooked. There's a slim chance you might be able to unscrew the bridge, re-align it, then carefully screw it back down, going back and forth between the screws slightly tightening each one a little more each time until it's fully seated...however, since the bridge's screw holes are counter-sunk, which adds a bit of self-alignment when the taper-headed screws are driven, it's unlikely to have much of an effect...and unless you are very confident on your screw-driving ability to not mash up the screw heads (since it's black screws, you'll see silver anywhere you mar the screw head from using a screwdriver that's juuuust not quite the right size, or a posidrive screwdriver, or not pressing down hard enough and the screwdriver tip pops out and spins a bit, etc.

Question: are you positive it's the bridge that's crooked and not the pickup cavity route? Not saying that would make it any easier to fix, but just curious.

Reaction score
The Bridge PICKUP looks a little slanted/rotated towards the bridge at the bass side... may be of the pic's perspective...

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
Looks to me more like the bridge pickup route is slightly out-of-square.

I wouldn't bother returning it for that, but I wouldn't blame you if you did.

Althos

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, sadly, it's a second hand guitar, so returning it isn't an option, but it doesn't seem to affect playability, I'm just worried that it could cause issues down the road

I don't think the pickup cavities are crooked, you can see the string holes are not perfectly aligned with the bridge either

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
If it plays well now, I don't see any reason it'll stop playing well later on.

KR250

Build addict
Reaction score
Agree that it looks like bridge pickup route is ever so slightly off. But no, wouldn't affect play ability. I wouldn't worry about it, just shred harder so you don't draw attention to that :)

Latest posts

')