Hm....7620 it's realy better of 1527?

• Thread starter VOL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VOL

Reaction score
now i haven't opportunity to listen 7620

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
i'm not sure what the exact question is but if you are comparing the two theres not much to it.

the RG7620 came out in 1997 and lasted until 2000 when it was discontinued. in 2003 ibanez brought out the RG1527 which is roughly the same guitar with new prestige badging (the old RG570s turned into RG1570s and so on, making it an RG7520 if you were calling it by the old number system) the major differences are the pickups (7620 had new-7 dimarzios custom made for them but most arent too excited about them) the 1527 has regular ibanez V series pickups.

the 1527 also has the updated edge pro bridge with non-locking stud (thank you ibanez) which is on par with the previous lo pro but may suffer years down the road with basswood being so soft. IIRC in 2005 the new 1527s came with smaller dot markers which adds a little more class to the guitar IMO. but when it comes down to it when you change the pickups and such they're the same guitar.....

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I liked my RG7620 more than the 1527.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
really? i've prefered the 7620 (i dunno why, but just the feel and it having a real lo pro.) but from what i used to hear people said they liked the "presitge neck" more.:rolleyes: maybe it's cuz they just bought it and have to stick up for it, lol.:flame:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know about this one. I often prefer the 7620 to my 1527, but other days I prefer a 1527 to a 7620. Shouldn't they be the same?! For some reason, they have a different feel to them.

jtm45

Reaction score
The neck profiles are different apparently and the 1527 is classed as a 'Prestige' model as opposed to the 7620.
The 7620 has the Lo-Pro7 too which some people prefer over the Edge-Pro7(me included).

I'd personally prefer a nice condition 7620 but i really wouldn't mind an RG1527either.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
I don't know about this one. I often prefer the 7620 to my 1527, but other days I prefer a 1527 to a 7620. Shouldn't they be the same?! For some reason, they have a different feel to them.

No 2 guitars are identical. That's what I believe anyway ;)

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
jtm45 said:
The neck profiles are different apparently and the 1527 is classed as a 'Prestige' model as opposed to the 7620.
The 7620 has the Lo-Pro7 too which some people prefer over the Edge-Pro7(me included).

I'd personally prefer a nice condition 7620 but i really wouldn't mind an RG1527either.
right, but back before 03 prestige was a label they had for their high end models... now just about anythin out of the japan factory has a prestige label slapped on it now, and with the SZ720 ( i think:scratch: ) prestige which is made in korea it seems it was just a matter of time before ibanez used it as a marketing tool instead of a seal of high end craftmanship.

IIRC jemsite was in a whole floozy over this. :lol: that was about the time i found this place...:rolleyes:
:

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
The argument of which one is better has been beat to death.

a million times

Play both, figure out which color you like and which one feels better. Chances are you'll change the pups in either one so you can't judge the pickups. The bridges have small cosmetic and functional differences, but it's personal preference.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
About the 7620 pickups.. When I called dimarzio and asked them about the pickups and why they seemed to be less clear than others they said it was because it was the hottest 7 string pickup that they made at the time. Which got me to actually use my brain for a second and so I tried different inputs as well as rolling the volume knob off a hair on the guitar. Those pickups rock. I have two 7620's and might change pickups in one for the fun of it. But if I didn't have two, I wouldn't even consider it. As for the rest of what has been said I agree with most of it.. You can have two of the same guitars that play different. You can have a guitar with a slightly fatter neck that plays faster just because it's set up better. I would buy a 1527 in cosmic blue at the right price knowing that the pickups would have to go and I would have to add locking studs. Bottom line is.. Both guitars have a high quality trem. Pickups can be changed, both are made in japan. Find one (or more) that you like and buy it..

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
A used RG7620, at less than half the price of a new RG1527, blows the 1527 out of the water. The New7 makes a swell neck pickup, the neck is more comfortable, IMO, and the trem is better. Either way, the pickups and trem aren't the greatest things in the world, but once price is taken into consideration, I don't see what the big deal is with the RG1527.

')