Hmmm what's this... (return of the prodigal gear, 56K safe picstory!)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I managed to snag another Brunetti XL R-EVO II after a year without one! :D The only difference is that this one has a slight twist.... it came loaded STOCK with 6L6 tubes which is odd because normally the EVO comes with EL34s. :yesway: I haven't spent enough time with it to really formulate an opinion on which I like better, the 6L6s have more of a Mesa-esque feel in this amp whereas the EL34s had a bit of a sharper/tighter feel to my ears. Both are good sounds, going to spend some time with these tubes since they are brand new but I'll probably end up swapping them out with EL34s and getting it rebiased down the line. I am SO glad to have one of these back in the house though, they sound amazing! I caught Season of Mourning live last Friday and their live tone was ridiculously good! :metal: Billy is playing an older Evo and Ed uses a Pirata Impact and between the two of them there was not a bad tone to be had that night! :yesway: I love Brunetti amps and I'm glad to have another one! :wub: Here is the only difference with the new one I have:

Brunetti&

Brunetti_Tubes_2.jpg

Brunetti_Tubes_3.jpg

Brunetti_Tubes_4.jpg

Brunetti_Tubes_5.jpg

Brunetti_Tubes_6.jpg

Brunetti_Tubes_7.jpg

Brunetti_Tubes_8.jpg

I have something going into the 1U rack later on but for now it has a nice Furman power conditioner keeping the power in my apartment playing nice with the amp. :D Also, huge thanks to Zach for giving me a great deal on the amp and shipping VERY quickly and safely (his bubble-wrap job made me proud! :rofl:). :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats man.
Really enjoyed the pics of the tubes too man:yesway:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I call dibs. :lol:

Hey Matt, did you have to sleep with his wife again? :rofl:

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
damn, those are some nice pics. damn forum makes me want to buy more gear AND a nice camera to share pics of it! hahaha.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
im more concerned about camera over gear myself :lol:.

congrats matt, got your old friend back! :)

oh and.. i'll give you $50 for it. since it'll be listed in a month and all, i figured i'd save you the hassle ;)